Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i want to convert my r32 non turbo engine into a single or twin turbo. now will i have to buy a turbo engine or can i just put turbos onto my engine? and is it possible for me to do this myself or would i have to get a garage to do this?
if i can do this myself, does anyone have any idea how i would go about doing it? lol
any help would be appriciated
cheers john

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I'll ignore the fact your profile says 'GTR' for the moment and try help you. Anything is possible with the correct amount of time and money to spend on it, however, the quickest and cheapest way to do this is just to buy a new turbo'd engine and swap it over. To turbocharge an n/a engine involves massive amounts of work with compression ratios and everything else.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
If i was you mate i would either buy a rb25det.........or RB26debtt..

It has been done on a nonturbed rb25, but go for rb25deturbo, it would be cheaper in the long run and youll have cash left over for upgrades.... :D

·
bla
17,374 Posts
if you can fit it yourself , just the engine price and delivery......

Not sure how much you would be charged by a garage. Should be around £500+

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Am i better off going for a standard twin turbo or a single aftermarket turbo?
That would be upto what kind of power you want....

If you went rb26dett you would have to buy the engine, there not cheap, fitting, then mods....

With that moneys you spent on the engine fitting etc you could of bought a tdo6 kit and a few other nesacary (sp) mods... Then youd be running 500bhp ..on an rb25det..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the only reason i ask is cuz i am currently modifying my r32 to sell ( im going to keep it for 6 months or so to enjoy the fruits of my labour lol), i bought it as a salvage and it is going for its mot in 2 weeks time. i am going to be doing the usual body kit and spray job but what would you all be looking for if you were going to buy a skyline r32?
and also for the spray job what colour do you rekon? let me now

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Loads, lol.........

Hesh is putting a rb26debtt in his 4 door 33......
In the lastest jap performance magazine, a women has a non tub 33 rolling roaded at 127bhp.... She put on a supercharger... its now 250....

When an RB25det is 250 standard.... Rb26dett 280+bhp....
You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that exactly what i was thinking, i originally bought her to sell on but there is an attachment to her now i have done some much. what colour would you recommend for the spray job?

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
weeeeeeeeeelll

Loads, lol.........

Hesh is putting a rb26debtt in his 4 door 33......
putting might be a bit premature mate ....wanting to and figureing out how to certainly ....but if i pull it off its be an awsome quick car. lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.