Skyline Owners Forum banner

non turbo to twin turbo- skyline r32 help needed

852 views 31 replies 5 participants last post by  loafer 
#1 ·
hi
i want to convert my r32 non turbo engine into a single or twin turbo. now will i have to buy a turbo engine or can i just put turbos onto my engine? and is it possible for me to do this myself or would i have to get a garage to do this?
if i can do this myself, does anyone have any idea how i would go about doing it? lol
any help would be appriciated
cheers john

#2 ·
I'll ignore the fact your profile says 'GTR' for the moment and try help you. Anything is possible with the correct amount of time and money to spend on it, however, the quickest and cheapest way to do this is just to buy a new turbo'd engine and swap it over. To turbocharge an n/a engine involves massive amounts of work with compression ratios and everything else.

#12 ·
That would be upto what kind of power you want....

If you went rb26dett you would have to buy the engine, there not cheap, fitting, then mods....

With that moneys you spent on the engine fitting etc you could of bought a tdo6 kit and a few other nesacary (sp) mods... Then youd be running 500bhp ..on an rb25det..

#14 ·
the only reason i ask is cuz i am currently modifying my r32 to sell ( im going to keep it for 6 months or so to enjoy the fruits of my labour lol), i bought it as a salvage and it is going for its mot in 2 weeks time. i am going to be doing the usual body kit and spray job but what would you all be looking for if you were going to buy a skyline r32?
and also for the spray job what colour do you rekon? let me now

#15 ·
Loads, lol.........

Hesh is putting a rb26debtt in his 4 door 33......
In the lastest jap performance magazine, a women has a non tub 33 rolling roaded at 127bhp.... She put on a supercharger... its now 250....

When an RB25det is 250 standard.... Rb26dett 280+bhp....
You wont be disappointed.

#19 ·
weeeeeeeeeelll

Loads, lol.........

Hesh is putting a rb26debtt in his 4 door 33......
putting might be a bit premature mate ....wanting to and figureing out how to certainly ....but if i pull it off its be an awsome quick car. lol

#22 ·
"You can do it....... "

"when you b&Q it" lol ...but its the ££££ as ever. ive just heard i may be getting my pay out from my accident some time in the next few weeks which would help ....but i do have to sell the other car and sort the landy ....but an rb26dett ....with acouple of other mods so the car can handle the power .....thats gotta be good.

#25 ·
open ended question ...for one thing the car would never be finished and for another everyones is dofferent. selling amodded car can be a pain cos its such an individual thing ...to save ££ id concentrate on the power and performance mods and do the minium tothe bosdy work as odds are the new owner would change it to their own tastes any way

#27 ·
im rebuilding a car at mo ..can ya tell ive thought about this myself ...just a little ? lol

#29 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.