Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
[/IMG]

Hi, I know my engine is bottom of the Skyline chain, (RB20E - 2L GTS AUTO NON TURBO) But until I can afford my GTS-T engine upgrade, I want to get her at least sounding a bit nicer and performing a bit better too if possible.

I plan to take off the stock air-filter and housing and swap it for either a K&N intake pod, or an Apexi one.. and add a forced cool air induction box..

QUESTION:-

I have been browsing varies Skyline pages on-line and came across something called a 'Throttle body spacer' - which from what I can make out causes a nice whistling sound when the accelerator pedal is pushed.. But I have no idea if it enhances the performance ??

Being a 'total noob' I really have no idea whether its a good or bad idea..

Has anyone else used/using one ?

All info shed on this topic would be great :)

Regards

Martin.

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
A throttle body spacer will make sod all difference so save your money, TBH your best off leaving the std air-box on as it has a cold air feed anyway, but if you really want to make it look better and not rob it of performance get (or maker) yourself a decent enclosed pod filter with a feed taken directly from the outside of the car.

However unfortunately I very much doubt you will notice much difference, any gains on an N/A car are expensive and hard won, you best off just making sure everything is spot on settings wise and give it a good service, plugs etc.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Settings etc ..??

A throttle body spacer will make sod all difference so save your money, TBH your best off leaving the std air-box on as it has a cold air feed anyway, but if you really want to make it look better and not rob it of performance get (or maker) yourself a decent enclosed pod filter with a feed taken directly from the outside of the car.

However unfortunately I very much doubt you will notice much difference, any gains on an N/A car are expensive and hard won, you best off just making sure everything is spot on settings wise and give it a good service, plugs etc.

Hi, could you elaborate on "all" the things I should check/upgrade plug's & which settings etc etc.. on the standard 2L non turbo'd straight 6 auto R33 to get the most out of her before I can upgrade the engine at a later date ? - Martin. :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Just the basics fella, ignition timing, the correct plug grade (you wont need to change grade as not plug no matter how esoteric sounding name/blurb will make no difference)
Check things like TPS is the correct voltage, any vacuum pipes are not split, doesn't hurt to check the valve timing is correct, (you would be surprised just how many cars are running one tooth out) also a compression/leak down test would tell you how healthy your motor is.

If your not too mechanically minded get someone who is to help or do it for you.

I am also moving this to the correct N/A part of the forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts