Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'am thinking about treating my R33 GTS to a set of these "FRONT TORSION ROD'S" .. ...Can anyone tell me though...exactly what they do, and what effects will be when they are adjusted etc.. ??? - Martin.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
welcome to the site,

are you using the car for drifting? do you need the extra lock? are your original ones broken?

if not, probably stay with OEM or Nismo ones. if your stock ones are bust, you can get new bushings for them

"Tension rods are what keeps your wheels from moving forward (caster) when braking. Stock tension rods have a rubber bushing with oil inside it, while aftermarket ones are solid with no bushing and are adjustable"
there is not a huge amount of benefit of having adjust able ones. any adjust able ones i have got(Driftworks ones) have simply failed and cause knocking effect

Going back to Nismo and will have no problems then as it is already setup ready to go

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
if you need new front tension rod bushes get the suprepro ones unless you are tracking or drifting the car.

conceptua do them for around £60

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome to the site,

are you using the car for drifting? do you need the extra lock? are your original ones broken?

if not, probably stay with OEM or Nismo ones. if your stock ones are bust, you can get new bushings for them

there is not a huge amount of benefit of having adjust able ones. any adjust able ones i have got(Driftworks ones) have simply failed and cause knocking effect

Going back to Nismo and will have no problems then as it is already setup ready to go
Hi, I'am not really 'new' to this site I have been on here since Christmas 2012 :) , It will be mainly for road use...I'd like to track race it too (eventually) but if it could drift a little bit that would be fine :D I want to upgrade all standard parts in my R33 GTS ....You say Nismo ones are good !? can you send me a LINK to the correct ones I'd need ? - Martin. :cheers:

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not being cheeky but if your asking what they do mate you dont need them.
With the exception of car audio/ICE I really have very little knowledge of how cars work and what different components do.. :( lol... Hence my name 'SKYLINE-NOOB' not only am I a Skyline Newb...but also a newb at cars in general :/ lol..

So in a way I am teaching myself stuff by looking at pics & asking questions and S-L0-W-L-Y its sinking in :)

Its a tossup between getting the rods or an under car front strut brace ...

But any light you can shed on this topic will be greatly received

Many thanks

Martin.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Save your money to put toward a proper engine :D

That is also happening...I am saving to swap out my slow-ass'd RB20E for a GTS-T 300+ BHP..

This car's gonna transform.....(its just gonna take a while :) ) ...

But since I'll be keeping the actual car I want to upgrade the other parts as I go :) - Martin.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if you need new front tension rod bushes get the suprepro ones unless you are tracking or drifting the car.

conceptua do them for around £60
I've not had/having any trouble from them (as of yet) ...I just want to upgrade them !? - Martin.

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
I've not had/having any trouble from them (as of yet) ...I just want to upgrade them !? - Martin.
until they fail, spend your money elsewhere on the car is my advice

stock is fine for normal road use

1 - 10 of 10 Posts