Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys - just a quick hi,

I haven't got a Skyline yet but I've booked to have a look at a nice white R32 GTS-T on Sunday, the pictures look sweet and I'm travelling over 160 miles to go and see it so hopefully it'll be worthwhile, I've been reading the buyers guide section and I'm going to write up a checklist of things to check out!

Just a quick couple of minor questions though, :sorry: would a 1991 R32 GTS-T have LSD as standard or was it an option?

also do you reckon £3,250 is about right (thats the advertised price) for a 1991 GTS-T fresh import in pretty standard spec with almost 1k miles? Or should I be bartering the price down?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, doh! yeah it's just under 100,000 miles - I was just thinking today about other cars I could get for that price- I'm a bit indecisive but I'm going to have a look anyway!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, any advice on key things to look out for when I'm looking at the skyline would be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I've only gone and done it :) I put down the deposit yesterday as it looked too good to turn down, I haggled a bit and got a cat 1 remote alarm thrown in. I'm collecting it on Friday or Saturday. I must admit it was a bit impulsive and I don't really know a great deal about these cars apart from the basics.

I test drove a Celica GT4 ST205 on the same day and it wasn't cosmetically in great condition; the advertiser didn't mention the huge lumps on the roof before I went to see it; it might have been rolled or just vandalised... I didn't want to take the risk.

I'm hoping to get the Skyline up to drift spec - It's a 1991 R32 GTS-T with basic mods (dump valve, turbo timer, induction kit, KYB coilovers) with standard gearbox, is this a good starting block?

Oh yeah.. the cambelt was changed approx. 4000 miles ago, it was imported last week so there's no service history unfortunately except for a little japanese sticker saying it was serviced 3 months ago?

First thing I'll do is get it undersealed!

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
welcome to the club mate make sure its been set up for the fuel here hope you enjoy it

·
Registered
68 Posts
I've only gone and done it :) I put down the deposit yesterday as it looked too good to turn down, I haggled a bit and got a cat 1 remote alarm thrown in. I'm collecting it on Friday or Saturday. I must admit it was a bit impulsive and I don't really know a great deal about these cars apart from the basics.

I test drove a Celica GT4 ST205 on the same day and it wasn't cosmetically in great condition; the advertiser didn't mention the huge lumps on the roof before I went to see it; it might have been rolled or just vandalised... I didn't want to take the risk.

I'm hoping to get the Skyline up to drift spec - It's a 1991 R32 GTS-T with basic mods (dump valve, turbo timer, induction kit, KYB coilovers) with standard gearbox, is this a good starting block?

Oh yeah.. the cambelt was changed approx. 4000 miles ago, it was imported last week so there's no service history unfortunately except for a little japanese sticker saying it was serviced 3 months ago?

First thing I'll do is get it undersealed!

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy it mate, and welcome to the forums!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts