Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulling away from a parking space in my R33 GTST spec 2 last week when it died on me. It felt like the immobiliser had kicked in, fuel cut.
I got it home and have now hit a brick wall with diagnosing the problem so I’m looking for some inspiration.

Things Ive checked
Good spark
Plugs light brown and dry
Fuel coming out of the fuel filter and pump priming
ECU has no LED or screw to run the diagnostics
All fuses good

My first idea was CAS, when I rotated it by hand I could hear one injector clicking (six) so on with another CAS. Didn’t help same click from the rear injector.

New parts in the last month.

Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Spark Plugs
Coils
FMIC
Boost controller
Remap

Any ideas?

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
you rotated the cas by hand and heard an injector,how did you rotate it mate?by that i mean dis you loosen the 3 bolts and turn it or pull it off

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Remap - Is it a standard ecu thats been remapped? The chip could have a dodgy connection or if it's a socketed ecu it may not be seated 100%

See if you can get hold of another ecu just to see if it fires up.
Good idea

also does it run at all,if it runs to 3k rpm and no more then it could be fuel pump/afm etc,,
Turns over just will not fire.

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
Here is what I would check.

Remove the fuel line from the fuel filter to the rail and crank it over and check that there is fuel.

Remove a coil and fit a sparkplug into it and if you either crank it over or turn the cas by hand and check for spark.

Also check that the engine light lights up on the dash but if its priming the pump it should be coming on.

Richard

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is what I would check.

Remove the fuel line from the fuel filter to the rail and crank it over and check that there is fuel.

Remove a coil and fit a sparkplug into it and if you either crank it over or turn the cas by hand and check for spark.

Also check that the engine light lights up on the dash but if its priming the pump it should be coming on.

Richard
I will double check the fuel to the rail, I just pulled the pipe and fuel came out but i didnt crank it, didnt fancy a face full of fuel.

Have taken two of the coils off and checked for a good spark and all the lights are on the dash also I can hear the pump prime with the ignition on and when I rotate the CAS .

When you turn the CAS should all the injectors fire (click)?

Thanks Richard

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like a problem with the injectors only one clicks when i rotate the CAS. i will start there and work backwards.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Have an ecu and a set of injectors mate if you need to try them

·
Registered
238 Posts
my car died goin round a corner checked everything i could think of then realised that the 2 earth wires that are at the front of the engine (2 of them held in with 2 bolts) were loose, its was were i fitted the bracked for the intercooler pipe, think they earth summat to do with the injectors, cleaned them an tightened them up never had no problems mite b worth checkin :)

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my car died goin round a corner checked everything i could think of then realised that the 2 earth wires that are at the front of the engine (2 of them held in with 2 bolts) were loose, its was were i fitted the bracked for the intercooler pipe, think they earth summat to do with the injectors, cleaned them an tightened them up never had no problems mite b worth checkin :)
I will have a look at them, thanks for the tip.

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I put Yellas ECU on this morning still no joy.

Going to start looking at all the earths.

·
Lincolnshire Area Rep
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right when I pulled the fuel pipe from the fuel rail there is no fuel being pumped.

The fuel pump is priming and fuel is coming out of the tank but its not getting to the engine. Ive taken the new fuel filter off its not blocked. What Im thinking is its not pumping when I crank the engine what could cause that?

·
Registered
177 Posts
pump relay possibly?
also check the wiring at the top of the pump just under the flap in the boot, every skyline ive had has had this bit mucked about with for some reason. one looked very scorched so may be a common short around there?

·
Registered
177 Posts
also, does it have an alarm/imobiliser?
when my imobilisers on it will crank but not fire, could be dodgy connection where the imobilisers wired in or knackered imobiliser?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts