Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one hear anything about the Stig fronm top gear blowing the engine on the Norris Design Evo whilst trying tobreak the caranvan towing speed record... I heard a rumour whilst over here in Holland.. apparently there is a thread on the MLR.. can some one chekcit for me .. I cant find the MLR sire in my drunken state... TA!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Got sent this in a email from a mate...

"Just read, ND's EVO VII has gone pop in the hands of the Stig.... Top gear were attempting the caravan top speed record and on the 5th run they melted a piston... apparently chucks well p1ssed off as the motec reported exhaust temps of over 1000 deg/c which melted the piston, but cos he wasn't driving it wasn't spotted... gutted... "

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Yes it is all true. Simon Let the stig drive his car for the top speed run. The exhaust temp was over 1100 degrees.

The problem seems to be the continuous runs and not letting it cool down inbetween runs. I feel for simon but he is coming back and looking like potentially going for a higher output engine.

Although someone has already thrown up a 800hp block splitting problem, but I know that if anyone can put together a proper engine it is Mr Norris, hat off to you once again, get back in the ring young man.

As stated TG will not be paying for any repairs, and as happened not only with Simon, but Martin has had problems with letting other people drive their cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts