Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Not even had my gt for a mth and it's let me down!
Siezed rear brake.
And I thought nissans were reliable!

Last cars were s type jag and mg zt and not one let me down in 8 years!

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Has it ever occurred to you that A the previous owner didn't maintain it as he should,,
and B **** happens, and C you where lucky with your previous car.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
My god I'm shocked, that's the biggest response to any thread I have started on here!

Ask a technical question and I'm lucky if anyone replies but state some facts about whats happened and everyone answers.

·
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
380 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
So please tell me what maintenance do you do to a rear cailper?
For it to seize, i would presume its a Nissan type caliper rather than a Brembo, therefor the rear would be a slider, which needs periodic checking, cleaning and greasing of the slider bolts.

As far as not getting answers to technical questions, you have to remember that there are not many 350GT owners in comparison to the GTS/GTT/GTR owners here, and even less of them are active, i always try and answer questions in this section if i can, and have answered many of yours.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For it to size, i would presume its a Nissan type caliper rather than a Brembo, therefor the rear would be a slider, which needs periodic checking, cleaning and greasing of the slider bolts.

As far as not getting answers to technical questions, you have to remember that there are not many 350GT owners in comparison to the GTS/GTT/GTR owners here, and even less of them are active, i always try and answer questions in this section if i can, and have answered many of yours.
The slide pins are nice and free. It's the piston which has siezed.

·
Registered
348 Posts
My god I'm shocked, that's the biggest response to any thread I have started on here!

Ask a technical question and I'm lucky if anyone replies but state some facts about whats happened and everyone answers.
If that first post is a technical post, I really don't want to know what a standard post would be like. :disappointed:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts