Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI guys

I have been having the usual problems with my FMIC just got it installed with HKS superflow, the car (95 GTS-T) now seems to lag alot and them has a little miss in the higher rev range. It feels like it wants to go but splutters a bit , I am planning on installing a GREDDY profec boost controller but will boosting higher just cause more probs at the moment. Is it maybe overfueling ? and how would i fix this? any help would be great

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
by fitting the FMIC you are now getting over fueling which is causing the flat spots, if i were you i would get a Apexi SAFC II, or the new neo aswell as a boost controler and get it mapped on the rollers. and that will sort out your fueling, you may also find you need new coilpacks after that unless you already have a set of splitfires fitted, as the old ones may start struggle with the extra boost

·
Backyard Mechanic
1,656 Posts
I've always been led to belive increasing the size of the FMIC on a standard car was a step backwards, so the extra lag is to be expected, not sure about your miss, check all the IC pipes, also check your coil packs.

EDIT: You beat me to it :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys , i will take it in for mapping once my boost cntrl is in, appreciate the help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts