Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I'm not much of an expert in mechanis and performance, I have a 95 R33 GTS-T with FMIC, HKS super flow intake, Apexi neo safc ( not installed, going in this weekend) When I get to the higher end of the rev range the car seems to splutter and doesnt take off, do you think this could be an over-fueling problem? I am running standard boost. Must i get an elec. boost controller installed before the Apexi neo? It is going on the dyno for the apexi neo tuning and i was wondering if it would save me money if I had the boost controller put in first or if I can just get the apexi neo put in for now and then add a boost controller in a couple of weeks. Should i get splitfires and iridium plugs ? Which mods should i be doing before the others.

So I have the apexi neo and want to get it in because it feels like the car is over-fueling with FMIC and super-flow at standard boost. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Patrick

·
bla
17,374 Posts
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/vtec_01/****.jpg

·
bla
17,374 Posts
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66975

Spluttering is your standard coils breaking up, infact sounds like one or 2 may be nearly dead...Splitfires would be a great upgrade.. Opie-oils sells them in the group buy section.
Electric boost controller would be nice, as you can adjust your boost to 0.85 of a bar and adjust the fueling with ya neo... Thats if you know what your doing, but id get it done proffesionally...

Expensive things these skylines :D lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
i have a front mount , induction kit , exhaust etc running standard boost and car runs perfect with no fuelling issues ! i had same problem with mine spluttering and not revving and it turned out to be shagged plugs as they were going rusty around the nut part due to lack of use and condensation , fitted new plugs cleaned all coils (no cracks or splits) and put some grease around each coil pack where the rubber seals in the head above the plug - job done !!! also found out in the process that i have a spec 2 engine in my 95 spec1 (change over year) = result

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that guys, I'll have to get some NGK's and coilpacks this weekend! appreciate your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts