Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To admin,

I don't mean to cause controversy in any way shape or form by saying this, but I just clicked to read the Forum rules 'accidentally' and I noticed the very first rule. I have seen many members with Avatar pics which I would say are definitely not suitable for pre 9pm TV audience.

At times I do leave the laptop & ipad/phone on, and on occasion forget to shut the pages down. I have children of my own and Nieces and Nephews and I'm sure many of you guys do to, I for one wouldn't want them to be exposed to such images.

Again I am not trying to cause controversy so I do hope people reading this can understand and hopefully act upon it. I have pasted the rule below if anybody wishes to read it.

Thank you

Please read and take note of the following rules:

1. Images and Content - Do not post images or content that is not suitable for this site. There is no age restriction on this site, so please only post material which would be suitable for a pre 9pm TV audience.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I actually agree with having 2 small kids myself.

However, almost every child in the world have seen a booby more than once.

Reactions: aerofocker

·
Seasoned Member
9,058 Posts
You have clearly not seen the NSFW thread! ;)

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
To admin,

I don't mean to cause controversy in any way shape or form by saying this, but I just clicked to read the Forum rules 'accidentally' and I noticed the very first rule. I have seen many members with Avatar pics which I would say are definitely not suitable for pre 9pm TV audience.

At times I do leave the laptop & ipad/phone on, and on occasion forget to shut the pages down. I have children of my own and Nieces and Nephews and I'm sure many of you guys do to, I for one wouldn't want them to be exposed to such images.

Again I am not trying to cause controversy so I do hope people reading this can understand and hopefully act upon it. I have pasted the rule below if anybody wishes to read it.

Thank you

Please read and take note of the following rules:

1. Images and Content - Do not post images or content that is not suitable for this site. There is no age restriction on this site, so please only post material which would be suitable for a pre 9pm TV audience.
get in your car and drive it!

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
how did you accidently click on the forum rules???????????????

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
I was trying to get to the forum list. :grinno:
but you should have known the rules since you need to tick a box that clearly states you have read and understood all the forum rules before you are allowed to register so you should have mentioned this in your first post:)

now its too late as you have passed the allowed time to complain about the rules :apoke:

Reactions: Tillysrb25

·
Seasoned Member
4,032 Posts
?

Happy that you agree, but the second part-still doesn't make it right though.

I haven't and I don't want to.
as in get a life.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did read them but I was unaware at the time. If a newbie signs up and complains about your rules... can't see that going down very well if you ask me. :swear:

I am not complaining about the rule-I'm all for it, I am just pointing out that this is the very first rule, and it's not being followed.

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Although the rule is stated, i believe it is the parent/guardian/carer of the child,that should take the precautions necessary if they dont want the child to see. You can put parental controls on, to stop them accessing and if you leave it open for them to see, then to me it is you being irresponsible.

Reactions: Tricky-Ricky

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This isn't a question a question about parenting, I added that just to make a point. So it seems that some rules should be followed whilst others can be broken, now who decides which ones those are?

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
This isn't a question a question about parenting, I added that just to make a point. So it seems that some rules should be followed whilst others can be broken, now who decides which ones those are?
^^^
Adults/parents

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Everyones perspective will be different, i dont see anything wrong with the avatars. Theres nothing to graphic going on, and certainly nothing as graphic, that you can see on the net. So therefore i see no rule broken. But youre opinion is different, thats youre choice, so if you find it offends, then i would enforce youre rules in youre house, then there would be no issue .

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.