Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been thinking about all the SKYLINE OWNERS and their cars on this site, and wondered what everyone will be driving/or will want to be driving in the next 5-10 years time.

Some of us will either want to keep the car we have....and have it supped up like crazy, other's of us may change what model/type of Skyline we have....and some may even choose another type of car entirely..

I think this would make an intersting thread so here is my proposal :-
:attention:
** If each of you add : a good shot of your car now...and another googled pic/s of what you realistically think you will/want to be driving in the next 5-10 years :cheers:

Personally I hope to either keep the R33 I have now but have it looking, sounding and running amazing, ..BUT "if" and only IF the money's right, and I have taken my Manual Test (can only drive Auto's at the moment) ...I wouldn't mind a GTR (the new one) :dogpile:

Still food for thought eh!?

I'll start the wheels rolling, Below is a pic of my R33 as she is now :-

I'am gonna add "3" pics because I'll either want my car I have still but supped up and looking something similar to this :-

http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151018

^Kinda like this but with tinted windows and a slightly bigger spoiler but similar to the GTR spoiler!..and a twin 5" DTM exhaust etc..

Or if the moneys right then I'd love to have one of these :-

Or if I somehow strike GOLD or hit the lotto... I'd keep my car and have it mint AND have the R35/GTR also :) :) :)

****PLEASE FOLLOW SUIT AS THIS POTENTIALLY COULD BE A REALLY GREAT THREAD !!

- Martin.:cheers:

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
after going through eight RB engined skylines im now in a 335d so i can save money for an R35,it seems whenever i have a skyline i cant resist spending money on it,got my 335d,remapped it and just adding fuel now rather than mods and fuel,3 1/2 yrs i will be in an R35

although saying that....in the 3 months i have owned it i have put carbon badges all round,remapped it,changed the 7.5 ltr of oil it takes for some top brand stuff,changed all brake pads front and rear for Brembo HP2000 and discs for Brembo sport and having the DPF deleted and mapped in on monday lololololol

·
Registered
185 Posts
These are my cars now.
_zps5273bdb9.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

and my run around

This is what I think I will be driving in the next 5-10 years. Either a PS13

Or get myself back in an EK9. I miss mine too much

·
Premium Member
2,723 Posts
I will be keeping my R34 for the foreseeable future and hopefully upgrading/refurbishing everything on it :)

The list would be far too lengthy to type out so I won't bore anyone with that :)

If I eventually move to a house with a garage (and funds permitting) then I want to do a slow-time build of an RB30DET and make sure every nut and bolt is perfect.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Well ive got my R34 at the moment, and loving it.... Happily doing bits n bobs to it, but I think in the next few years ill prob end up with an R34 GTR! Just not really that into the R35's.

Mine at the moment:

And the dream!

·
Registered
41 Posts
What I own now (Red R34 GT) :D and what I see myself in a few years down the road! Basically the same thing except different power plants. Always had a thing for 4-doors

Attachments

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Cool thread.

I gotta say 5-10 yrs from now i hope im in something electric.. And i don't mean something ford vauxhall and the other goobers think i should buy.. My big hope is to see elec engines make their way into older cars in a supplementary fashion to the original engine.

Imagine owning a 67 shelby mustang gt500 but still be able to switch elec engine on and bimble thru heavy traffic peacefully or down a village road without being a nuisance then save the gas for when the road opens up.

In terms of cars id like to see myself in.. Well im hoping my 32gtr is up and running next year. Id love to keep that for a long time but i have a funny feeling the next batch of US wars are gonna push fuel prices into insane cost brackets thus making owning anything fun next to impossible unless you are rich :/

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Nice Thread!!

Same for me seem to be spending on doing little jobs to make it sweet and keep it running as is!!

If i keep it it'll be repainted and made to look factory fresh again bodywork wise, only if i can get a garage on my next house move tho! The idea of putting it up for sale is always in my thoughts at the minute because i think im getting bored and need a change :(. Something with a V8 in it though....

As Ant says though world wars and unsettlement dictate what cars you can run and play in. At the minute the 33 costs nothing and delivers a fair bit of performance compared to other "fast" cars on the road-cheap thrills ha!
But here's my list of possible next cars if i decide to head down a part finance route;
Jag XKR, RS4, VXR8, Monaro, Subaru STI (always had a thing for these), Evo 9. Question is smooth V8 tourer and sound or blown back road lunacy??:dogpile:

·
Seasoned Member
941 Posts
Great idea for a thread:)
If I manage to keep my R34GTT in one piece lol then I think I will be focusing on more power and better handling.
I've just had to move home and change jobs unexpectedly so I never managed to complete my target for this year which was..
Fit full Poly Bush kit, Front and Rear Camber Arms and Traction rods ( already have all of these parts)
ARB's
Driftworks Lock-Out.

After my Turbo went bang I now have a Hybrid Turbo and am running 371 BHP @ .9Bar
IF money goes well then I will get the clutch, MAF and injectors and sit back for a while and enjoy what I've got and contemplate the bodywork and full interiour make over. Bride seats, GTR rear seat upholsted in Bride material, 3 point harness's and new steering wheel.

I keep looking at Knight Racer East Bear but not sure about the quality of fittment compared to getting some R34 GTR wings, quarters, bumpers etc ( but that comes at a price).
My car already turns heads and looks good so it's all about performance.

I did want a R34GTR but why spend all this money and then never get it back, plus when my car is finished it would take a lot of money to bring a GTR up to the same spec:)

So this is how it looks now (or at least when it's clean!!)

And this is how I would like my R34GTT to look when it's done ( although I used to say "I don't want my car to look like a GTR":spank: well now I do lol

Or like this...

It will be a question of finding the person/company will the right skills to make the car look good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts