Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting a Nardi deep dish steering wheel for my r32 gtst type m. i was wondering if an NRG quick release boss will be compatible with HICAS? if not, what quick release boss will work? will i still be able to have use of the horn button on the steering wheel with a quick release boss?

thanks

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
My car came from Japan with an aftermarket Nismo 3-spoke steering wheel mounted to a HICAS compatible boss.

I simply bolted a quick release boss to the HICAS boss, and then bolted the steering wheel to the quick release boss (fitted a new wheel to replace the Nismo one).

With 2 bosses the steering wheel protruded further from the dashboard and made for a much more comfortable driving position.

There were wires for the horn button in both the HICAS boss and the quick release boss, so it was just a matter of hooking them up to each other and to the new steering wheel.

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
If you somehow manage to find a HICAS compatible quick release one, sure you could run with just that one.

But I imagine that'll be hard to find, even in Japan.

Whooops - just noticed you have a 32, so someone else should confirm as mine is a 33.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts