Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, back home, tired and done, but very happy. Nurburgring Trip 2009 was so much fun! Plenty of track time, great people, good weather, etc. :)

There have been so many people joining this meet, I can't believe. We been around 70-80 people plus some german and belgian guys! :eek::eek: Really shows how popular this club is! :boogy:

Here's in short form what we experienced: Plenty of laps on the ring, a few convoys, chat and laugh, dinner(s) and birthday(s), track-tagging in the middle of the night, off-road-driving etc.

I would like to say "thank you" to everyone who's been there and made this meet what it was/is! Sorry if I didn't get to speak to everyone and if I forgot anyone's name, there were too many of us. :rofl:

Special thanks to following people.

@Bruce
Thank you for organizing this meet bud, you done a great job. Also, thank you for taking me out in your insanely quick track car, I really enjoyed it. You are a proper driver....no wait, you are a maniac....either way it was a GREAT experience and there is no doubt that your R33 still pulls like a train, even with a half worn engine! No need for the new GTR if you can be as quick as this in well built R33 GTST. :rofl: Thanks bud! :cheers:

@Keith
Was great to meet you mate! Shame you had to leave earlier, would have been great to have more time to chat. Thank you for taking me out on track for some drifting, it was awesome! Get that fuel leak sorted, your car stinks, no wonder Damo almost died driving it over to Germany last year! :D:D

@Dharmesh, Sal, Tahir
Thank you for all the fun guys, you are GREAT! You really made us laugh, it's been so much fun really. Thank you also for bringing the car over for me Dharmesh, much appreciated. Hope we gonna meet up soon! :cheers:

Here are some pics for you lot. I do have videos too, but they take loooooong to upload. Will add them later. Also my pics do not show everything, the other guys took plenty of photos too. :)

Some car pics and the guesthouse!

A small break, sitting in the sun! :)

The new Nurburgring buildings incl the new high speed rollercoaster!

Some more car pics!

What do you think, who's faster? :D

That's what happens if you don't know how to drive and/or do have too much money! :rofl:

For the girls! :rofl:

For the boys! :rofl:

Skyline R34 vs Supra MKIV (The Supra blew its headgasket one day later by the way!)

Dinner at pizza place!

Outside on the parking. Look closer at Bruce's car, it was not him drivin, too much beer! :rofl:

View from the Nurburg castle!

That's how Bruce does his fast laps!!! :eek::eek:

A small group photo!

You think my R34 is throwing flames? :rofl:

Two more car pics!

No car pics here. That was the weather on monday! :)

@Tahir, there you go, your horses! :rofl::rofl:

Hmm, weird, someone made sure that skylineowners.com can be seen on track! Any idea who that was? :rofl:

A couple of pics I found in the net of me, Dharmesh, Lisa and BIGMAN being on track!

Here's a vid of Dharmesh, me and Marcus going for a lap!

And that's how it continues.

·
South West (England 13)
1,855 Posts
Another excellent trip judging by the pics

Some really good ones there by the way

Thanks for sharing with us lot that couldn't go

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another excellent trip judging by the pics

Some really good ones there by the way

Thanks for sharing with us lot that couldn't go
It really was a GREAT trip, trust me.

And no worries mate, that's why I put this thread up for you guys. I know some of you couldn't make it and would still like to see pics and vids and read about what happened. :)

More pics and vids coming, so keep checking. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more vid added. :)

We had a few "technical losses" too, unfortunately just happens when you go on track or for a big trip. We had a BMW that crashed and destroyed the whole front and the rear sidewall right side. :( Luckily enough the driver is ok though!!!

Then we had Tom who's been unlucky with a bad wiring on his fuel pumps, but fortunately we could sort this relatively quick so he was able to drive back to UK today. :) And there was another thing where Tom's been unlucky, but I'm not gonna spill the beans as BIGCHIEF wanted to do that and I don't wanna be the one stealing his story. :rofl:

Apart from that we had the usual minor things like someone's clutch release bearing needing replacing, worn out tyres falling into pieces etc. Nothing though that should hold the guys up from driving home and arriving there safe and sound! :)

·
hwoarang
1,192 Posts
Hey Karim,

Thanks and no problems. We had a great time too and had a LOT of fun. No more horses for another year :D
Really appreciate the time you guys spent with us. And dont worry, we will be back......

Some fantastic pictures too. Just couldnt be bothered to carry my camera around this year so glad you guys took them.

Also a big thanks to Bruce for sorting us out with a top apartment and the rest of the trip in general.... Cheers dude.

Alright, back home, tired and done, but very happy. Nurburgring Trip 2009 was so much fun! Plenty of track time, great people, good weather, etc. :)

There have been so many people joining this meet, I can't believe. We been around 70-80 people plus some german and belgian guys! :eek::eek: Really shows how popular this club is! :boogy:

Here's in short form what we experienced: Plenty of laps on the ring, a few convoys, chat and laugh, dinner(s) and birthday(s), track-tagging in the middle of the night, off-road-driving etc.

I would like to say "thank you" to everyone who's been there and made this meet what it was/is! Sorry if I didn't get to speak to everyone and if I forgot anyone's name, there were too many of us. :rofl:

Special thanks to following people.

@Bruce
Thank you for organizing this meet bud, you done a great job. Also, thank you for taking me out in your insanely quick track car, I really enjoyed it. You are a proper driver....no wait, you are a maniac....either way it was a GREAT experience and there is no doubt that your R33 still pulls like a train, even with a half worn engine! No need for the new GTR if you can be as quick as this in well built R33 GTST. :rofl: Thanks bud! :cheers:

@Keith
Was great to meet you mate! Shame you had to leave earlier, would have been great to have more time to chat. Thank you for taking me out on track for some drifting, it was awesome! Get that fuel leak sorted, your car stinks, no wonder Damo almost died driving it over to Germany last year! :D:D

@Dharmesh, Sal, Tahir
Thank you for all the fun guys, you are GREAT! You really made us laugh, it's been so much fun really. Thank you also for bringing the car over for me Dharmesh, much appreciated. Hope we gonna meet up soon! :cheers:

Here are some pics for you lot. I do have videos too, but they take loooooong to upload. Will add them later. Also my pics do not show everything, the other guys took plenty of photos too. :)

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hey Karim,

Thanks and no problems. We had a great time too and had a LOT of fun. No more horses for another year :D
Really appreciate the time you guys spent with us. And dont worry, we will be back......

Some fantastic pictures too. Just couldnt be bothered to carry my camera around this year so glad you guys took them.

Also a big thanks to Bruce for sorting us out with a top apartment and the rest of the trip in general.... Cheers dude.
It's been our pleasure mate, we had so much fun with you guys. :D:D

Aphrodite and me we died yesterday when I posted the pic with the two horses for Tahir! Also when we been to the chinese restaurant talking about stuff and I asked you something about your Skyline Tahir said "you guys always swap back to car stuff, no matter what we talk about". :rofl: Please send him a link to this thread and tell him to check! :rofl::rofl:

Whenever you guys wanna come over, just give us a shout, you're more than welcome!!

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bruce and me going out for a lap!

Bruce and me coming back from that lap! Did I say already that he's crazy? :D:D:D

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A few more pics for you guys.

There are millions of pics of Bruce almighty :)rofl:) being out on track! I won't post them all, but here are a few of them, you get the idea. He's been going mad on track as always. :D

Dharmesh in his R34 GTT

That will be me then

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So what´s going on guys, there gotta be more pics and vids around?!

Post them!

Me wanna see and others too! :D

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I will once i get my Laptop back from the service centre as its up the duff.

·
Administrator
25,959 Posts
my "burgandy bomber" cleaned and polished ready to take on the ring :boogy:

whats this????

massive thanks to dave at the gtrshop for meeting me at the docks to give me this roll cage :worshippy:

·
Administrator
25,959 Posts

dave living up to his "silverback" nickname :funny:

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice one Steve! :D

We want more pics and vids!

Come one you lazy gits, get pull ya finger out and get those pics online! :rofl:

·
Administrator
25,959 Posts
im trying mate calm down :D:D

·
Belgium/Netherlands Area Rep
2,060 Posts
right the trip was obviously great fun, first time meeting you nutters and driving on the ring ... what a shock :eek:
shame i dont have a skyline anymore :bash:
heres some pics that i took , enjoy !
(if anyone wants one in better quality then PM me your e-mailadress)

tbh still cant believe the flying scotchman aka speedR33per ordered in french at that chinese restaurant in germany :fahr10:
anyway big thanks to shed for the blast in the GTR 32 :ylsuper:
and to anyone who taught the belgian boys proper english (wife beater, ******, twat, rubbish, he stoved it , ...:screwy:)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts