Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
rbs14a
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i currently run a standard rb25det series 2 in my s14a . its running full system 3" turbo back
massive fmic
rps clutch
and 12psi

i am wantin 400 brake and this turbo has came up for sale , can anyone help explain the pros and cons? will it bolt straight on ? whats spool time like ?
or should i just go with the rsp 400 brake kit?

thanks

john:)

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
obx are popular stateside and in europe for exhausts and manifolds,they are very popular in n/a and toyota tuning circles (i was going to fit an obx manifold/downpipe to my ae86) but from what i gather they buy the turbos from china so i wouldnt expect fitment and lifetime to be great

·
rbs14a
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
T04 will be over the top for 400hp john, spool time wont be fantastic either
Its just its come up for 400 quid with manifold a oil set up. im just tryin to look at other options from the 2000 plus quid 400 bhp kit that if i decide i want abit more the turbo is no good for. do rising sun offer a bigger kit that can run 450 safe with out forgin?

·
Registered
345 Posts
RSP will build you a kit to your specs, they will usually use a garret GT30, im in conversations with damo from rsp about building me a 500 kit, thats using the Garret GT3076R turbo...
You could hold 450hp on stock internals but it all depends on your map and set up etc, would be nice to have pistons and rods forged up though, you know you wont have problems then!!
Im assuming you already have an uprated headgasket, the standard one is only good for 1.2 bar :)

·
rbs14a
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be using a metal head gasket, i would rather run it at 450 till it went bang then rebuild if i decided i lik it . could i not use a bigger turbo and make the extra hp using the same pressure so the standard gasket can take it, oh is it not as simple as that

·
Registered
160 Posts
ive got a s14 with a rb25 in mines got an obx racing manifold but with a td06 turbo its on full boost at 2500 i only run 11.5 psi but thats giving me 386bhp at the mo its all stripped out so it cant even put that down

·
rbs14a
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ive got a s14 with a rb25 in mines got an obx racing manifold but with a td06 turbo its on full boost at 2500 i only run 11.5 psi but thats giving me 386bhp at the mo its all stripped out so it cant even put that down
Full boost by 2.5k :eek: is that a bigger turbo then the one im on about? surely not. is that external gated as well? thats really good power for that boost.

you have any pics of your bay? is it top mount

·
rbs14a
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
just askded the sell what else i would need , this is what he said :)

you'll need:

a custom downpipe
Wastegate, i think 48mm
Gaskets
Hoses for tubby intake etc

The manifold does have a wastegate take off
The standard oil drain pipe will fit on but will need extending
The manifold will need the stud holes drilling out ever so slightly as it was a tight fit on the studs.

is that it you think?

is this okay for waste gate .

http://cgi.ebay.com/OBX-Wastegate-K...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2c51111de2

there is cheaper ones like but i dont know if there any good, like this it only says 10 psi? is that no good

http://cgi.ebay.com/50MM-External-T...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item56381fcab4

·
Seasoned Member
1,199 Posts
i run that tubby few years back on a honda b16 turbo full boost at around 3.5k at 15psi with a 45mm external wastegate decent little tubby but the car was too light and power too big made nice number 11's tho lol :funny:

wardy

·
rbs14a
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 more question lol when running a big top mount turbo what do you do with the satndard inlet pipe thats goes to inlet manifold ?

·
rbs14a
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i run that tubby few years back on a honda b16 turbo full boost at around 3.5k at 15psi with a 45mm external wastegate decent little tubby but the car was too light and power too big made nice number 11's tho lol :funny:

wardy
lol thats the 2.2 prelude engine isn't ? mate fitted one of them in to his civic :)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
some one on here had one and it **** it self

·
Registered
160 Posts
Full boost by 2.5k :eek: is that a bigger turbo then the one im on about? surely not. is that external gated as well? thats really good power for that boost.

you have any pics of your bay? is it top mount
mines got the 20g exhaust housing thats why im boosting so early but it limits the turbo to 400ish bhp if i put the 25g housing on it will have lag but then i can run 550bhp this is my bay half way through the build

if it looks light in there its because mine in a 200sx

and yeah its a rb25 i just put the rb26 covers on i like the look ,ill take some more now its finished with the filter ,catch tank etc in place

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.