702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently run a standard rb25det series 2 in my s14a . its running
full system 3" turbo back
massive fmic
rps clutch
colder plugs
and 12psi

i am wantin 400 brake and this turbo has came up for sale very cheap . 400 quid and comes with Stainless skyline manifold + oil feed pipe setup , can you help explain the pros and cons? will it bolt straight on ? whats spool time will be like ?

can you map it if i do go down this route ?
or should i just go with the rsp 400 brake kit?

basically im just looking at all options ,

thanks

john

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
John,

We have fitted these kits in the past and you get what you pay for. The manifolds are not any good and will break quickly, the turbo's don't last that long. You will have to make a downpipe for it, and i/c pipe. The spool up time is around 4000rpm(later than ours). You're better off buying a turbo that bolts straight one like ours. ours comes with warrentee and will last you years. It will be cheaper in the long run to buy a direct fit turbo or kit that is known and works well.

Mapping is no problem, which ever turbo you go for but you will have to come to us for the mapping on the cheaper turbo. We only a generic maps for our turbo's.

Damo

·
rbs14a
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. the only thing im thinking is with the 400 kit what if i decide I want more but the turbo cant take it, i have to buy another, do you do a kit that can handle 450? can i use standard head gasket?

please can you pm me a price for the 400 kit fitted and will it be much more to get 450. ill defo be using yourself's As all i hear is good things about you's

:)

·
Registered
314 Posts
the 400bhp kit is pritty awsome my mate had it done on his gtst you wont be dissapointed if thats the way you go.spins up a fair bit but you always want more power tho.going in his made me want an rb in my 14a best of both worlds :)

·
Premium Member
14,725 Posts
You could always go with their 500bhp kit and slightly detune.

·
Registered
345 Posts
As bruce said go for the 500 kit and just limit it to 400, then when your ready just got to rsp and say 500 please lol! I believe RSP use the Garrett GT3076r, which is the dog danglies :) !

·
R34 Next?!
1,029 Posts
Whats the difference in cost between the 2 kits though? Do they require different mods to be fitted first?

·
AKA RSP
4,762 Posts
The 400 kit is £2185.50 which comes with injectors, z32, fuel pump, turbo, ecu.
The 500 turbo kit, is just a turbo kit. Comes with Turbo, actuator, oil+water lines, oil drain, gaskets, turbo elbow, pipe work to I/C and afm. This kit is £1991.63.

We recommend to use 740cc injectors and HKS/Tomei fuel pump for the 500bhp kit. Also a metal head gasket.
Damo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.