Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BDC Drift King
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new in dyno tab octane booster pills small so they fit in ya glove box out the way and this means no bottles rolling about 2 pills in a pack1 pill ups the octane by 10 points and 2 pills takes it up to 17 points £8.99 posted 01892 740006

·
BDC Drift King
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
octane

well the packet says so witch should mean its right other wise thats false advertising

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
I think what he means mate is does ONLY take it up by 0.1 ron.

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
ah it advertises as one octane increase (or ten points) so from 95-96 octane, the way they write it you could be mistaken for thinking it was 95.1 or 105 octane (all of the boosters seem to do this)

has no infomation whatsoever on what chemicals are used to do this on the link which is a pity i guess

i inject a bit of cheap methanol to increase octane...stock (jap chipped) GTR, 1.3 bar on ceramics, asda 95 fuel....no det, pulls like a ho on crack, more torque than a bag full of women etc:cool:

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
and thats what i will be doing soon too when i fit my devilsown kit.

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
i get all different kinds from work, dehydrated ethanol, isopropanol, methanol etc, i have no idea whats best as i have yet to mess with jet sizes and trigger points but im using aquamist red jet with 50/50 purified water/methanol at the moment

injection point is just before TB but im very tempted to go 100% methanol before the compressors but im not sure how much water i need to surpress det (if any at all) even with a higher octane

lots of research and no time lol, there is some really good info on the aquamist forums though

·
www.spmcarclub.com
1,380 Posts
ive got a water meth kit for my rb30 as yet havent found anywere to get the methanol, any tips

·
Seasoned Member
6,127 Posts
pm bruce=m he will send you in the wright direction for the methanol hes sorting mine out now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts