Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your opinions on using octane Boosters, and which one would you say was the best brand???

What garages gives the best fuel???

I beleive that the fuel in any petrol station can vary from one day to the next, and that it is a bit hit and miss as to its quality. I generally use shell as I get a fuel card from work but is it good or bad fuel??

E

·
0 Posts
Optimax is what most use & i only ever use SUL if i have to. Have also used normal unleaded once & once only in an emergency when i was lost.

I dont tend to use octane booster. Well not regularly anyway.
If i see it for sale i`ll normally buy a bottle or 2 & use it when i feel like it.

N

·
0 Posts
Brick top , your car is made 2 run on 100 ron , which we cannot get here , optimax if by far the best at the moment " 98 ron " .
I used 2 use so called octane boosters , till i read a report by some petrochem guy , waste of money , was the conclusion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have used 2 types of octane boosters, the best Ive used is Nitrox which is about £7 a bottle, (but one bottle only does 15 litres) using this only one bottle at a time on a full tank the difference is noticable. I would like to try it on full strengh (3-4bottles ) but am not sure if i should or not.
The other one is £4.99 a bottle and does a full tank, but makes little if any difference. can't remember the name of it though.

Optimax or the BP equivallent I use, but I tend to fill up all over the place and very rarely from the same garages and i think that the quality changes from garage to garage.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
I virtually always run Optimax, with an occasional top up with Total SUL. Tried Texaco SUL once when I had feck all choice and the motor didn't seem to like that so much :(
Car runs similarly well with Optimax and Total SUL (Total SUL is same as Fina and Elf SUL I believe). :cool:

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
I always use Optimax and when doing something silly like a track day use Octane boost. Buy it in a metal container from a place in Wokingham called autocross. £40 for 1 US gallon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so do you notice the difference with booster isaac

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Honest answer. No. I thinks its just peace of mind. Helps prevent pinkin and all that. Maybe if i was running a stupid amount of BHP then i might notice it...but im not so i dont.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Octane Boost

I have used a few different types for track days and never felt an improvement (I am sure that some products promises of more power etc are all in the mind as you try and justify the £££ you just spent:D ).

Not sure the truth behind this but was told not to use Octane Boosters as the ECU learns new fuel type so when you fill up with ordinary fuel (Optimax say) the ECU will tell engine to retard therefore less power.

Could be a load of toilet though:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
The only one we use and sell is Millers (both Octane Plus and CVL).

Millers

Its good stuff. The CVL makes a noticable difference and is potent stuff!

Gaz.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Company at Membury, near Newbury blend fuel for F1 teams and have Toulene in bulk, dunno if they would flog it to gen public though. Wouldnt hurt to ask, after all they could only say yes or no.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Think they are called Rutpen and are tied up with SRS (solvent recovery services). Aint been up that way for ages, but hope it helps.

N

·
0 Posts
AlexJ , i want gallons , not 500 ml's thanks any way
also i need this stuff, iso - propyl ?

E

·
0 Posts
I just bought a job lotr of millers cvl from a local motorsport company. It claims to add 3 octane to unleaded & they swear by the stuff. They sell it for £4.25 a bottle but if you buy 10 in a case they will give you 10 % discount.

Cambridge motorsport

1 - 19 of 19 Posts