Skyline Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume these are not allowed and so far I have seen no names that are offensive per se. I assume any that have appeared are immediately removed.

However - it has recently occurred to me after just over a year on this forum that the name "Isaac Hunt" whilst not offensive directly is a clear attempt to flout this rule.

It appears to be a clever combination of "street speak" and a simple pun.

For instance - that Ali G character off the telly would often say "Is it because I's black?" clearly meaning "Is it because I AM black?" but using this dreadful youth vernacular where "I AM" becomes "I IS" which is then shortened to "I's".

If we follow this to its logical conclusion it appears that this person (who I strongly suspect is not genuinely called Isaac Hunt) is trying to say "I's a c*nt"

This effectively means that in EVERY post he is saying "I am a c*nt". Now that is quite clearly rude and offensive (although it may well be the case that he is in fact a c*nt). I think we should do a check on him.

Mr. Hunt - if it is your real name, I apologise, but perhaps you ought to investigate youth culture a little as I suspect people may be laughing at your name and it could clearly hold you back at work or in job applications, loan applications etc. :cheers:

Regards.

Dewington Walker

·
Needs a self cleaning car
1,455 Posts
It's not really a name

I feel it should be more properly regarded as a brand name or statement of behavioural intent, or even outside it.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Dewie is quite clearly jealous that some one else has the name that he wanted, deserves and has earned.

Terrible thing only being allowed one 'Hunt' per forum.

:D

·
Banned
7,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sir, if you are implying I am indeed a **** myself then beware, for legal action may well follow for slander and libel. Any good lawyer will tell you that.

If only I knew where I could find a good lawyer :(

·
Salad Dodger
2,345 Posts
Stop flirting you pair !

Dewie you could always use Ivor Biggun, not quite as shophisticated i know but none the less follows the same precident.

Regards

Lickle Mike Hunt

·
Registered
358 Posts
dewie said:
I assume these are not allowed and so far I have seen no names that are offensive per se. I assume any that have appeared are immediately removed.

However - it has recently occurred to me after just over a year on this forum that the name "Isaac Hunt" whilst not offensive directly is a clear attempt to flout this rule.

It appears to be a clever combination of "street speak" and a simple pun.

For instance - that Ali G character off the telly would often say "Is it because I's black?" clearly meaning "Is it because I AM black?" but using this dreadful youth vernacular where "I AM" becomes "I IS" which is then shortened to "I's".

If we follow this to its logical conclusion it appears that this person (who I strongly suspect is not genuinely called Isaac Hunt) is trying to say "I's a c*nt"

This effectively means that in EVERY post he is saying "I am a c*nt". Now that is quite clearly rude and offensive (although it may well be the case that he is in fact a c*nt). I think we should do a check on him.

Mr. Hunt - if it is your real name, I apologise, but perhaps you ought to investigate youth culture a little as I suspect people may be laughing at your name and it could clearly hold you back at work or in job applications, loan applications etc. :cheers:

Regards.

Dewington Walker

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Darn I have been spotted for the fraud that I am. Dewie I must apologise for my such childish toilet humour. I thought it would raise a few eye brows and to be honest I didnt really expect it to get through the registration process. If you feel it appropriate I will email Martin and ask him to change my current forum name to my real name to save any offence or confusion in the future.

Regards,

Mike Oxlong.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Im not so fussed about the names but I am starting to see far too much flange in the avatars to view the site from work

Hugh Jampton

T

·
0 Posts
I had to use the name Trev, as my own name is too embarasing.

Yours sincerly,

Ben Dover.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
RoboPope said:
Im not so fussed about the names but I am starting to see far too much flange in the avatars to view the site from work

Hugh Jampton

i will change mine soon mate!!

regards

Don Kiddick

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
Clearly, blocking any of these names would be predujice against those people who have such names.

As far as abuse goes, believe it or not, the members of this website will always find ingeneous ways to get around the safe guards.

Can we all agree this suggestion requires no action?

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Martin Im shocked that you even suggest that we would even attempt such a thing

C. Hutney-Ferret

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.