Skyline Owners Forum banner

Official Skylineowners.com 2014 Rememberance Road Trip to Paul Walker!

41K views 65 replies 49 participants last post by  Matt_A 
#1 ·
Guys we are in the process of laying out a road trip in the summer of 2014, plans are now in action to for see a National Exhibition of our cars, we intend to start at Lands End driving up the country, across to Ireland, back through all of Wales and then Scotland and through England, finishing off at the NEC Birmingham for our National Meet, There is an Immense amount to organising with the Area Reps, Police forces and insurances in place for it to run smooth, we will also be donating funds taken towards Paul's Charity, I will be in talks with our Americam sister site and our European Reps and members, to see if they can get involved in some way, we will consider a Registration of all members and car reg numbers to be printed on our T Shirts to commemorate the event, if anyone has any ideas please post them up and we will consider all posts, this is in the early stages of organisation and thats why we will try to run this be early summer 2014.

The organisers of this event will be undertaken by Myself and Maccer.

Keith

#2 ·
i could be up for this providing my car is finished by then. it should be hopefully. need a new turbo and ecu before hand tho. hope i get it sorted. so if i do if theres anything i can do to try and help out let me know

#4 ·
Hi Guys as Keith has said we're in the early stages of planning this..... I for one will be doing the whole trip in my R34.... Looking forward to it :)

I'm giving myself about a month to start thinking about things and logistics once we have a good idea of what we want.... Then we'll be putting up an initial attendance list...

As Keith has said there are going to be a lot of things to take care of and folk to be contacted. Any help would be greatly accepted....

Thanks in advance.....

Cheers.

#10 ·
You know i'm on board from the get go Maccer and you can count on my support 100% in any way that I can possibly help out.

Please do not hesitate to ask me.

Cheers from little Bro :cheers::bigthumb:

#12 ·
Yeah I'll help where possible. Will prob just be the local part for me as we are taking time out for the kids this year

#13 ·
I think get get the route planned with checkpoints timed for the whole trip would be a good starting point. Send all the area reps these details then we can approach our local authorities with the proposal. If there is any problems we can report back to the chief and ammendments made well in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Guys to hopefully to clarify......
To everyone that has replied on this thread so far thank you for your pledged support.... it's awesome!
I see a few people mention about how expensive this could be.... yes agreed it will be expensive to do the whole trip... I'm not asking for that..... There will be a few core group cars myself included as well as Big Chief...anyone else can join us if they wish.... We're asking for members to join us in a convoy in their respective areas headed by their Area Reps, as we pass through on the relay.... I don't expect anyone to do the full trip unless they want to.... hope that makes the situation clearer...... :)

#27 ·
I would love to take part in this in some way, I just hope that timewise, it fits in with other plans/commitments. Maybe even bring a few of our German members with me for a nice long skyline weekend.

#28 ·
I will get in touch with our sister site skylineownersusa.com and the European guys, to see if they can run a similar siultaneous event their side, this way we will be represented in the USA and Europe, and possibly New Zealand and Australia and create a worldwide event, remember this will be a ONE OFF event of a lifetime and the more we have involved the better, we will print a one off design of skylineowners.com T Shirt to mark this occasion.

any ideas you guys want to throw at us will be considered and if we can incorporate it we will, at the end of the day "We are Skylineowners.com":)

#31 ·
I'll do some 'convoy' mid south and the meet @ NEC.
I imported my 1st Skyline very shortly after the 1st FF film - not actually because of the film, but my did it give me some respect back then, I even nitrous'd it.
I do feel Paul Walker has had an impact on my life with these cars, and I'll gladly give a little time and money to his 'good causes'.
PM me when more is confirmed please.
Andrew.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.