Skyline Owners Forum banner

Offsets

1K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  skylineboy 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the offsets for the standard R33 GTSt 16 inch wheels, the ones they have on the 200SX's?

Matt

#2 ·
Now I am confused. That it the second time someone has told me that the GTS turbo should have 17's Mine came with the 16's mentioned above. The standard offset seems to be +31 & +38.

Am I getting something wrong here as the GTR wheels are +30 which means they stick out less ?!?

Basically I want to reduce the offset on the GTR wheels so they sit inside my GTS wings....

Matt

#7 ·
Right Matt,

I've jut been delving in the garage and checked out my old "standard" 16" wheels

I work out that they are 6.5x16 offset 40

I had my head totally the wrong way round regarding offsets so this may be helpful;

More offset(higher number) brings the wheel into the car

Less offset(lower number) sets the wheel further out away from the car

My word of warning to anyone though is the offset isn't the only consideration with skylines, it's the wheel design, some wheels will not clear the calipers on the front.

I found out the hard way and ended up having to fit spacers and longer studs to make my wheels fit

Pete

#9 ·
i think most gts i have seen come with 16"wheels.

#10 ·
My GTS had 16's the same as yours when I bought it.

If you are fitting GTR wheels (assuming R33) then they go straight on.

The face of the wheel / tyre comes out near on level with the arches but does not project.

Looks the part as well:)

#12 ·
Admittedly I haven't had passengers in the back yet!

It would appear my car has non standard suspension and sits a little lower than it should.

And I have not had any problems with bumps and pot holes even though roads down here are quite bad.

#13 ·
You can get your arches "rolled" to eliminate this, basically there is a device which bolts to your hub and has a roller on the end of an arm which pushes the lip flat

I know demon tweeks do this, should imagine quite a few places do

this would probably be the best and cheapest option for you

#14 ·
wouldn't that make the arch profile higher though?

I was thinking about getting some of GhostRiders GTR arches but they are £300 plus fitting and spraying. I haven't got the cash yet so I thought for the sake of £12 a wheel I'd get the offset of the wheels changed.

Matt

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.