Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all ive been trying to tidy up the front end of my r33gts and ive come a bit unstuck.:eek: ive removed the passenger side light unit and repaired it (ie glued the plastic back together):) but the top mount has snapped off on refitting :mad: (was on its last legs anyhow). PLUS the darn low beam refuses to work despite having only unplugged and repluged the same wires in the same places....all other lights work...:screwy: ... HELP as im now without car and its first day of my holidays!!!!
Ideas suggestions on how i can get back on the road without spending a small countries national debt on new lights would be great at this point
thanks
:feedback:

·
Banned
6,537 Posts
The mounts on the side are ok aren't they? Try using a cable tie for the top just to hold it in position. As for your low beam, try changing the bulb. They can go at anytime really. :)

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spearmint said:
The mounts on the side are ok aren't they? ......., try changing the bulb. They can go at anytime really. :)

Well the side mounts ..i have a top one, lower one snapped and the two body mounts one by the angle ajust on the top and one underneath plus the two screws under the sidelights.. bulbs worked be fore i took darn thing apart.. are they that fragile?

·
Banned
6,537 Posts
No fragile than normal filaments, any kind of hard knock can damage it internally, repeated switching on-off etc. Try the bulb first and if you have a Multimeter, have a look at if any juice is coming through.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well ive got a little tester that can do a variety of things OHMS and volts and even checka bazttery but electrics aint exactly my strong point........

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi5 said:
bulbs are always fragile, could of blown at any point. you could look...
well would you adam and eve it, yup bulb blown , filament lying in bottom of glass. also as luck would have it theyre the same bulbs as some old spares ive got from my old ducati..what luck! gonna test it properly tomorow but thanks for the reality check ..panic set in wahhey to early! £££flashinfg before my wallet

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Road Runner said:
If you need a replacement headlight in the near future,give us a bell...

www.alltorqueuk.com
hi im gonna need the drivers side for sure, as the whole plastic casing is held together with a prayer and zip ties, and the adjuster for the main beam has completely gone... i tryed opening the link you sent me but my browser wont play ..is there another link or perhaps a typo somewhere?
also wondering what sorta price the single unit would cost me?
ta very much
hesh

·
Banned
5,715 Posts
Opens for me,chap....
What County are you in,in the UK.?
A1 mint condition R33Spec 1 headlights we sell for £140.Black internals.
Also have Chrome internal units in stock,and Spec2 units.
All of our headlights are A1 condition.No damage,crystal clear lenses.
They have been sourced by ourselves direct from Japan,not Fleabay.

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ahh ive just managed to open the link from another thread and book marked the your site. i need a black internal spec 1 unit and im in the north of england near good ole catterick garrison home of the british army (shameless plug)
im assuming your based in ths outh but if it isnt too far is collection in person possible?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts