Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When,after years of admiring them, I got my Skyline, I said "Oh it's plenty fast enough,I won't want to do anything else to it." Oh was I wrong.

Now I find myself searching for information on how to make it go a "bit" faster

I'm seeking injector specs,turbo experiences and boost controller prices.

It doesn't help that one of my mates says the only way I'll see his Cosworth is from behind, though i did reply with " that would only be at weekends" because that's the only time he ever drives it, and then only when it's dry !

So being a lowly blue collar type with 3 kids, a mortgage,beer to buy and a strange affinity for turning scrap airliners into flight simulators. I can't lash out on all those expensive goodies...

I have bought a decat pipe though,woohooo !

And every time I drive it and put my foot down, I love it, even though I don't have big injectors and a steel turbo and a FMIC.
Well, not yet.......

Dean

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Get yourself a downpipe next, then Cat back exhaust, followed by an induction kit and a boost controller set to 0.80bar and your love it even more, although your mate with the cossie wont.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ha, already have full stainless HKS silent power exhaust ,front pipe and induction kit.
Don't wanna sound elitist, but even tho he has a dyno readout for 380hp,his cossie still looks c**p parked next to my Skyline and when he first saw it, he was remarkably quiet. In fact his best line was," Skylines are too heavy,mines much lighter,it's the motorsport breedin u know ! " Yawn.
Oh how I laughed at the ring tingy t ting of his 4 cylinders

Ooh, now I'm getting bitchy arn't I ?

But seriously, I've heard of a few people who have Skylines who HAD cossies, but not the other way around

·
Registered
248 Posts
Im an EX ford boy no way i would go back (although i still have a bit of a soft spot for em) the tunning potential on skylines is unreal, how many 4 door cossie's that are 400-500bhp and dont break every month hence ford's nick name
Fix
Or
Repair
Daily ;)

As avove mate get a front mount boost controller biger turbo a smokr him:devil:

·
Registered
218 Posts
my hubbies car is a little ford lol, and his is quicker than the sky for the moment,
But even he like drishing cossies he also says he's not fussy lol

his car is a mk2 xr2 700 kg's with a zetec turbo pushing 250 bhp
but the good thing is he spends money on the fiesta and I can spend on the skyline :)

:nutkick:
:rolleyes:
:funny:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts