Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im speaking to this Asian lady on the phone getting a quote...

I say "its a nissan skyline GTST"

She says "so its a single turbo 2.5ltr car?"

I say "yes"

She says "with manual transmission and runs on petrol"

I say "no its an automatic"

She says "erm..... {long pause}..... are you sure?"

WHAT THE FOOK!!!! haha

What a strange question to ask!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh I forgot to say - she then put me on hold and came back and said

"well im sorry sir but we dont insure skylines"

What a dick!

·
Diesel Powered RB25
5,954 Posts
can give u a better one than that mate....stood in nissan's part department this mornin collectin my gasket, Say to the guy behind the desk
i also need gasket for turbo/manifold.
He says wats the model no.
i replies R33 Gts
No no no sir the model not ur registration no.
took that as a sign got the fook outta dodge lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
I tried to get a quote from Direct Line, they wanted over £1000 FC, must have cat 1 alarm/imobiliser, tracker and be garaged. WTF.

Got insured with Adrian Flux half the price.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was only trying my luck anyway as Aplan have quoted me £870 fully comp (protected) and I wont beat that. Just couldnt believe the question!

In retrospect when asked if it was a manual that ran on petrol i should have said "its an auto that runs on hopes and dreams" :p

·
Registered
514 Posts
norwich union insurance. s**t hot

just re newed my insurance with them £381 f/c 5 year n/c xcess £350:boogy: .this includes the wife past her test in may.:shakehead: put her on the policy:slap: cheaper than a taxi from the pub :guiness: :guiness: :cheers: ( wife tea total ) im 44 she 43. a plan £500 for me wife £3000:eek: :uy: only thing they want is a copy of my cat 1 alarm certificate. on its way:) :) pay £450 instalments over 12 months

G

·
I think a lot of insurance companies take you through the process only to say they don't insure imports, modified cars etc, just to get your personal information so they can sell it to 3rd parties..... :D

·
Registered
441 Posts
She says "erm..... {long pause}..... are you sure?"
It doesn't pop up on the screen in front of her, thus it doesn't exist. Think about it, she's stuck in Bangalore somewhere and has most probably never seen a Skyline, let alone will she know anything about it.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It doesn't pop up on the screen in front of her, thus it doesn't exist. Think about it, she's stuck in Bangalore somewhere and has most probably never seen a Skyline, let alone will she know anything about it.

I understand that - but asking if I am sure is just plain stupid... she could have said "oh its not on our system" rather than assume im a numpty that doesnt know the difference between a manual and auto :)

either way it made me laugh

·
Registered
530 Posts
can give u a better one than that mate....stood in nissan's part department this mornin collectin my gasket, Say to the guy behind the desk
i also need gasket for turbo/manifold.
He says wats the model no.
i replies R33 Gts
No no no sir the model not ur registration no.
took that as a sign got the fook outta dodge lol
Still laughing at that, you should have told him your number plate was D1k 'ed

:Uzi: :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.