Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch is on its way out:( so as yo do ive been lookin around.Been on E-Bay theres a place called just clutch selling exedy clutch for £239 or a racing clutch for £325,which is 40% upgraded.Prices seem good,but thought id phone exedy direct and see what they say.They said they wouldnt aphlliate or endorse the clutches on e-bay, i would need to go to 1 of there outlets(solid auto uk),i spent 10mins talking to the technician at exedy and he was extremley knowledgable and informative.He worked out all these newton meter thingy majigs and recommended there exedy twinplate part number (nm042sd) So then i phone solid auto uk and ask for a price on the clutch recommended. . . . . . £1,100 he said:eek: so i politley said id get back to him:eek: Does this price seem a little extreme or is it me being:gay: Does anyone know if the clutches from e-bay are any good or can recommend somewhere cheaper than an exedy outlet,bearing in mind i want a desent 1,please help :feedback:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have dealt with the guy from solid auto & they were brilliant.

The R33 GTS Exedy stock equivalent replacement clutch kit is £130 - 160.00 ish & I used to buy them in bulk from solid & sell them on ebay.

I think you over specked yourself right up to a state of the art twin plate job complete with flywheel hence the £1100 I suggest you ring him back & start again.

Edit: I just notice you have a GTR so ring solid back & get there price also solid used to price match for me which might come in handy when you are trying to negotiate with them.

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
you could try Apex Performance, ive got one of their ACT paddle clutches on mine and its a wicked bit of kit! not a bad price either, £266.75 delivered!

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi C-N,i didnt speck it up myself the technician chappie did so at Exedy,he reckoned thats what id need to cope with the torque i got now and a little extra for future mods.Will make a few fone calls 2morrow, festa, to traders and see what quotes i can get,hopefully less than £1,100.Dopes anyone else have any recommendations out there?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Get on the phone to Rising Sun performance mate.. Ask for Richard or Damo, They will look after your needs...... And will also give you a great price :D

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks gts type m,i got some phoning to do tomorrow :) :cheers:

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys,ive contacted solid auto again C-N,they did miss quote me,went through it all again and it should have been £1,500 + VAT :eek: ,tried phoning rising sun several times GTS Type M but they wouldnt answer:confused: .Ive e-mailed that place Dellaruse,just waiting for a reply.If all fails might just have to plump for Justclutch of e-bay and hope its all ok.Thanks again guys for the help :cheers:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks guys,ive contacted solid auto again C-N,they did miss quote me,went through it all again and it should have been £1,500 + VAT :eek: ,tried phoning rising sun several times GTS Type M but they wouldnt answer:confused: .Ive e-mailed that place Dellaruse,just waiting for a reply.If all fails might just have to plump for Justclutch of e-bay and hope its all ok.Thanks again guys for the help :cheers:
I dont know how you ended up at £1500.00 that must be for the Hyper compe-r twin plate unit I realy think you must be over specing your needs.

If you don't want to spend £1000 + on a state of the art clutch & flywheel kit stop looking at the Hyper range http://www.exedy.co.uk/hyperseries.asp & look at there metal & organic clutches http://www.exedy.co.uk/normalseries.asp which is probably what Justclutch are offering for sensible money.

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi C-N,think it was for the hyper twin,hyper single was £962 but must say again its not ME doing the spec its them.All i told them is what my car is doing bhp and torque wise and THEY said what i needed.Im not too clued up on clutches.Justclutch have a exedy racing clutch for £325 which they say will be good enough but if im doing a lot of launches they recommend the exedy paddle clutch at £399.Am i right in thinkin that its hard to drive everyday with a paddle clutch?Thanks for the info,mate,much appreciated.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Agreed go for Rising Sun Performance, btw the phone is no where near the workshop now, so just keep ringing, send emails and PM's they will pickup.

:rofl:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi C-N,think it was for the hyper twin,hyper single was £962 but must say again its not ME doing the spec its them.All i told them is what my car is doing bhp and torque wise and THEY said what i needed.Im not too clued up on clutches.Justclutch have a exedy racing clutch for £325 which they say will be good enough but if im doing a lot of launches they recommend the exedy paddle clutch at £399.Am i right in thinkin that its hard to drive everyday with a paddle clutch?Thanks for the info,mate,much appreciated.
Sorry to sound bossy buddy I just couldn't believe with a relatively stock car you/they are looking into a £1500 clutch bye all means try Rising sun as a few have mentioned on this post. I was just saying I have had excellent service from Solid Auto & couldn't believe you were having problems with them.

You will soon get used to the quicker bite & take up on an uprated clutch regardless of it being std puck/paddle or twin plate the only thing that is a pain with uprated clutches is driving in traffic.

You cant ride most uprated clutches like on a hill start for example its pretty much on or off & if you do ride them they heats up & jerk horribly.

·
Stoke-on-Trent
3,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its ok mate,couldnt believe it myself that they keep quoting me those prices.Was as shocked as you,believe me.Just want a decent clutch that can cope with the way i drive and the odd track day at a sensible price :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts