Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone, ive just spent over an hour searching through old posts to try and find out what im looking for as i know how annoying it is for you guys to have to answer the same questions over and over. Unfortunatley couldnt find what i was looking for :(

Im looking at importing an r32 gts-t type m from Japan. I have been to some auction sites and there are some grade 3.5/4 examples going for around £2k. I have emailed various importers and got mixed replies regarding pricing etc of getting one shipped over so i was wondering if you guys could recomend any reasonable (I really mean cheap) importers that get shipping, taxes etc taken care of? Or do you think i should do it all myself and if so what sort of cost would i be looking at?

Sorry to keep going but can anyone tell me the top speed of the r32 gts-t. I have found 0-60 times of between 6.2-6.9 quoted (do these sound right?) but cant find a standard top speed anywhere on the net!

Hope everyone has a good new year and hopefully ill be here on a more permanent basis soon.

Cheers,

T

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Hello TDP. If it was my money, I would be happier to pay a little more and get an importer over here to do the business for you. It may well save you a lot of grief and give you a bit more protection against loosing your dosh.

Cars come in from Japan with a speed limiter which holds em to about 112 MPH, but is quite cheaply removed and if its a 2.5 turbo should do about 160 MPH, (not that any of us would know):rolleyes: Oh yes track days thats how we know.

Banner ad on here for Skylines-R-us nice geezer called Stuart may be able to help although its a bit of his normal range. Its a bloody good website any how and is full of good info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the replies lads, Can anyone tell me an "all in figure" including tax, shipping etc i should expect to pay if i go through an agent? What rate is the tax charged at?

Cheers again,

T

p.s. the car has an rb20det so can anyone shed any light on top speed of this model?

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
Hi there and welcome...I have bought a few cars over myself...and it is really easy....the only difficulty is finding a contact in Japan if you wish to bid at auction....shipping is around the £450 mark and then you need to add VAT/Duty which I think is 20%....not sure.....by the way, I have a Starlet turbo as well...!

N

·
0 Posts
shipping on line approx 500 quid
then agents fee say 100 for clearance
then cost of car + shipping , + 10 % , + 17.5 % then car is yours , but not road legal , a r32 pre 1994 now only needs 2 be up to MOT spec , then registration £ 117.50 , includes 6 months tax
example , car 2k , shipping 500 , +10% = 2750 + 17.5% = £3231

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again for all the replies. Tigger I think i recognise the name from the starlet site.

Hopefully ill be able to get the cash to start importing in the next couple of weeks so ill be able to go from there.

Tom

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers mate. One more thing i was wondering was do people have alot of trouble with vandals/thieves? I know i wont have a GTR but im sure that as its a skyline it would attract attention. The reason i ask is because when im up at uni in nottingham i live in a bit of a dodgy area where people have a habit of taking what isnt actually theres. Obviously a good alarm/immobiliser and pager system will be going on straight away but that still wont stop some little git throwing a brick through the window while its on the drive.

T

·
Registered
705 Posts
Alrite mate!

i imported a R32 GTSt myself from japan only a few months ago, i used www.bestjapancar.com they spoke english on the phone (a guy called patrick!) and the price was reasonable, seeing as the car was grade 4.5

I believe that they have a burgandy, lightly modded R32 in stock atm...if you do go through with them...ask them for a price inc. delivery as they knocked a couple hundred off mine!!

hope that helps a little!

happy new year to all

phrozen

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
TDP I haven't had mine as long as most of these guys but in the last four months it's been parked in two quite rough places. The first being my driveway in Sutton, there was a murder about 10 doors down 8 days before we moved into the place and ALL the other cars I had while I was there were damaged in some way by vandals including my old capri. All except the Skyline! Then now it is parked on my driveway on a main dual carriageway in Doncaster and it so far touch wood still hasn't been vandalised. I think people are less likely to vandalise it and only PROS are likely to steal it I would THINK but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought it would be pros who would go after the car. Ive got my eye on a nice alarm already!!

Has anyone with an r32 gtst run up the quarter mile? My starlet should be high 13s/mid 14s so dont really wanna take a step back if you know what i mean?

Is 300 bhp possible on the standard turbo or does it need steel internals for this?

Thanks again.

Tom

·
Registered
554 Posts
Ok mate here goes's. I brought mine from Japan on my own. 'not to say I carried it over but......' Price of the car plus shipping and insurance whilst on the boat. then 10 % of that total will be duty then 17% of the total again will be vat. plus 25 the register mot+tax about 40 quid for speedo converter, cable driven! this will also knock out the 112mph limit.... fog light another 20 quidish ' I used a third level brake and fitted it to the bottom of my bumper. looks much better then big blockeee thing' no sva needed on R32's, too old! don't forget 60 quidfor agents to clear.
and remember petrol and jump leads when you pick it up.

Think thats about it any thing else I'll let you know.
By the way I've had 160 so far, with a little more to go, got scared though...' I have done a few things to mine though.

I paid all in all 1800 quid for mine, total so far inc mods 2200...
Where abouts you getting this one from?
sorry if any of this has been covered already, good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
martin said:
I think the standard turbo will easily get you to 300bhp at the flywheel.
Hmm, not too sure. It's only a T25 isn't it? The limiting factor on mine not reaching 300bhp at the flywheel, is the injectors :rolleyes: But I have a T35 on mine.......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts