Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why now.............

I was driving home and the front tire blew up, sounded like a shotgun.

But the thing was i was going round a sharpish corner.....

Can you guess what happened next....

Rearend wanted to go go to the right so i steered left so it spun like mad to the left........ The front wheel got stopped by the curb, but the back got stopped by the wall.........

:( Drove the rest of the way home cursing myself..... :disappointed:

Would that be expensive to fix???

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
fookin hell mate bet that was a shock

but it doesn't look to bad

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Gutted for you Shane, can't help with a repair quote but I hope it get's sorted painlessly for you :)

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Ouch! mate thats wayy harsh ...gutted for ya

id reckon the minimum is a check of the front suspension by someone who knows what they are looking at or for in terms of any damage and an estimate for body shop work.

i'd hesitate to put this through the insurence as id expect them to go

"ooh expensive sir, we'll write it off sir, and give you a very small amount of money sir...ohh"

put up a picture of the whole side of the car with the damge ...someone on here must be able to help out

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
these pics may be better......... so gutted......

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ouch! mate thats wayy harsh ...gutted for ya

id reckon the minimum is a check of the front suspension by someone who knows what they are looking at or for in terms of any damage and an estimate for body shop work.

i'd hesitate to put this through the insurence as id expect them to go

"ooh expensive sir, we'll write it off sir, and give you a very small amount of money sir...ohh"

put up a picture of the whole side of the car with the damge ...someone on here must be able to help out

:iagree: :iagree:

I'm really sorry for you mate

·
Registered
157 Posts
That doesnt look too bad to be honest mate. Some one good in a body shop will sort that out for you in no time. Not sure on the wheels, depends if they're buckled or not! Hope you sort it out anyway.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The wheel should be alright as the tyre protected the rim... dont know how..... Need to take it off, can be arsed yet...... Dont care about them anyway.............
Just hope it wont cost loads to fix......

New bodykit been ordered..... so hopefully just a case off pushing back and stick the kit on.... :)

Knight Racer or any body, do you have a ruff estimate on how much it would cost to push back..

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
Jesus mate, just read this glad you're ok. As to the car, I would say if you can find a good bodyshop that should be do-able. Still as I found out when summat goes wrong, it gives you the excuse to upgrade. What type of body kit are you going for? Hope you manage to get everything sorted. Keep us posted. Good luck with the work fella.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No evo vents lol, it will be KR Type N from knight racer..........

1 - 20 of 41 Posts