Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my baby over to Nissan earlier to get my tracking done. It's just over the road and only £25 so I thought what the hell. It's been booked in for the work since last Friday so everyone in the showroom knew it was coming in. I think every bloke in the place went out back to look at it at some point in the 2 hours it was there and even one of the receptionists went to look. I think I even heard the mechanics arguing over who was gunna do the work. lol

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LMAO slightly weirder situation. hehe

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Wouldn't trust my local Nissan dealership with a Micra. The manager didn't know the 200sx was a Nissan model... don't wanna get the forum sued so I'll just say they lurk between Kingston and Leatherhead (Surrey).

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol. Luckily I know a couple of the mechanics from a few years ago when I used to work for the Dixon Group who run the nissan garage here in Donny so I know they know their ****. Also the only people I could find in Donny who could do the tracking. lol

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
after speaking to Lisa about her sunny, i dont think i would trust them with anything. I would however purchase parts if req'd but thats it.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
I have to agree with those who would'nt trust nissan garages as my local one is like a back street garage,i remember them asking if my 200sx had a cam belt once!although i do get my oil filter from them as it only costs 1.76:)

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
i once saw a Cossie go into a local ford garage, * un-named * and they had an open day that weekend, the owner of the cossie whilst leaving it for the service over the weekend, drove with his Mrs shopping and saw it racing down the road.

One of the technicians had taken it out to show people how well it went.

Monday morning undisturbed he collected his car quietly and the turbo was blowing oil, after refusing to do anything about it, he produced a picture which he had taken of the said car driving on saturday with the ford technician at the wheel.

AR$$es

·
Registered
144 Posts
Admittedly my local Nissan dealer is pretty good with service stuff like filters etc and to make life easy I just quote part numbers but they just cannot resist asking what car its for.

So I have to tell them obviously:D

When I took it to the dealers in the next town and parked it outside the showroom I came back from the parts department to find the salesmen with their noses pushed against the window looking at.

Deeply satisfying:) :) :) :)

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It REALLY is aint it.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I recently told the MOT place if they needed to take out the TVR to test it (they have done it before, but I actually trust the guy who did take it out!)... they asked why I asked. I told them that I'd adjusted the brake-bias for trackdays so if you don't know what you're doing you can spin the car by just braking. They replied 'No, we don't need to take your car out.' :D

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
on the occasion i did put my car into garages the boost goes right down and the controller comes out !

·
Opinionated *unt
1,593 Posts
I couldn't care what happens to my car on a test drive. I actually hoped they'd write it off last time, save me selling it.

Not like they're ever gonna have the nerve to test it like I do :D

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
i think in most places mate its what you dont know dont hurt you.

different to getting your car written off and claiming on their insurance, but breaking something and not tell you is a different thing mate.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's why I always stay with my car while they work on it. I NEVER leave my car at a garage unless it has to stay over night or I have to be at work. Always try and take a days holiday for the work to be done in my presence. When I had the Supra I had to go back to work after dropping it off. When I went back in the afternoon I saw one of the mechanics ragging it round a corner at about 40mph. Was NOT impressed.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I took the R32 to my local Nissan guys when I bought it... When I heard one of the say 'right, that black sunny next' I decided not to take it back.

Theye are very helpful for parts tho, even if they're clueless.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I suppose we can't REALLY blame them. I mean yeah they might be spanner monkeys for a living but they don't know the cars because they never get to see them and Nissan don't brag enough about these cars in the UK.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts