Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone help me with the fitment of a Oil catch tank for a R32 GTS-t?. I am unsure how to fit it. I now were the tank should go, but unsure where to place the blocker!. also what happens to the hose that the catch tank is connected to?. I am a complete novice when it comes to anything mechanical, so any help would be appreciated. I roughly know where the hose from the catch tank to engine goes, but unsure what to do with the hose that has been replaced with the catch hose!!!. where does the blocker go?????????.

Just read this and it makes no sence, hopefully it might to those in the know!.

Paul.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
catch tank

Eddie,
Thanks I have read that thread, just unsure which pipes to block!!.

Paul.

·
Member No 2.
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
catch tank

Stew,
knew you would come to the rescue, I know where to put the catch tank hoses but unsure if i need to put a valve anywhere and where to block off!.

Paul.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
NismoUk...

Once you see the [email protected] that comes out of it you'll want one. It catches the oily, gunky air that gets recirculated from the top of the engine (rocker cover, etc) into the inlet again. Thats what the route of black hoses on the top of the engine contain.

Helps stop the turbo, AFM and throttle assemblies from getting covered in an oily film, etc.

I emptied mine after about 6 weeks and the sludge was awful. Really stinks too... Looks like a water bottle with a blown headgasket - light brown baby-**** colour.

S

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Dr Jock's Oil Catch Tank guide.... How to fit one.

Ok, Here goes. A picture tells a thousand words, or something like that.

Went out this morning and took these..... Obviously mine is fitted already so will look a wee bit different to your hoses.

Cap the end of that pipe on the right (as you can see).

Don't forget to reconnect the hose on the left with the blocker in it. It can be a ***** to get back on.

Some shots of the vapour vent pipe, vents to atmos below my fuel filter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts