Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fitted one of these last night, is there surposed be alot of steam pissing out of it?

Cheers

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
No.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
Can you post a pic up of how you've connected it?

Whenever i've seen a catch tank steaming its been head gasket, but let's not jump to conclusions yet.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I plumbed it in as you said, block off s shape pipe to intake manafold, block off pipe that goes to air in take, leave cams connected an take a pipe to the catch tank from the right hand side cam an put a filter on the other outlet of the tank!

The steam or smoke (steam i think!) is coming from the filter on the tank, i think pissing out is abit strong, its coming out though, more than i expected? Il try an post a pic tommorow night as im away at the mo!

·
Registered
67 Posts
steam?Maybe diference of temperature,we have got winter.Wat about later,after 5-10 mins,still steaming?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah still steaming, but with your idea it would be, as its hot air being released into cold air?!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
You will get some steam, especially if there's some vapour in the tank which will evapourate as the tank gets warm.

Sounds like its fine.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Worked it out to be just condensation, i allready know that the engine breaths quite heavy, hence fitting it, realised when having a cup of coffie today!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts