Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vtec Just Kicked in y0!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if there are any differences between an R34 and an R32 oil filter or will they both fit?

Cheers :bigthumb:

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
The thread is the same on all RB engines. The GTRs came with a bigger filter from factory compared to say GTST and GTT. You can get genuine Nissan GTR filter or aftermarket filters in stock GTR filter size for decent money so no need to buy Micra one or anything. It will fit though that's true.

·
Vtec Just Kicked in y0!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool cheers for the info guys.

I know it sounds silly but im not sure what engine ive got in my r32 :-S

·
Administrator
25,974 Posts
dunno mate you need to tell us what engine you have.

·
Vtec Just Kicked in y0!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I have an rb26dett i know that. what i'm unsure about is whether or not its an R34 one as ive been led to believe when I bought the car that was what was in it. However ive had a little bit of doubt been cast into my mind and now i'm unsure.

Its got red cam covers like a 34 block but thats the only visible sign, however its still got an ignition amplifier which the R32 had and not the R34.

·
Administrator
25,974 Posts
well only r34 had the red cam covers but they can be fitted to any rb twin cam engine and it will be using the 32 wiring loom so it will need the amplifier mate :)

·
Administrator
25,974 Posts
pics of the engine bay mate?

·
Vtec Just Kicked in y0!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ill take one tomorrow, see if anyone can give me any clues.

Want to get some uprated coilpacks before i get it mapped again and it'd be useful to know which engine im buying them for, haha.

Apparently its meant to be an R34 N1 engine but who knows..........

·
n00bie bashing ECR33 owner
145 Posts
well only r34 had the red cam covers but they can be fitted to any rb twin cam engine and it will be using the 32 wiring loom so it will need the amplifier mate :)
So I can fit the very good looking RB26 cam covers on my RB25?
Nice aesthetic upgrade!

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
The oil filters may thread on and function ok but the main difference in them will be the rate of flow. If you have an RB26 you need to be very careful because oil starvation is your number 1 problem, make sure the filter you fit is up to the job of flowing enough oil.

So I can fit the very good looking RB26 cam covers on my RB25?
Nice aesthetic upgrade!
You'll need to remove your cam pullies and fit the backing plate that sits behind them from the 26 head also to be able to bolt on the timing belt cover.

·
R33 GTS25-T
597 Posts
I buy Nissan 300zx TT filters. Fit like a glove on my S2 RB25DET

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Apparently its meant to be an R34 N1 engine but who knows..........
You need to buy the coilpacks according to your ignition loom setup. An RB26DETT out of an R34 GTR will not have the external ignition amplifier, no matter if N1 or not. RB26DETT out of R32 GTR and R33 GTR will have it. So even if you´re running an RB26DETT out of R34 you need to check if you´re still running initial R32 GTR ignition loom. If so, you need to buy coilpacks to fit R32 GTR otherwise it won´t work.

·
Vtec Just Kicked in y0!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The oil filters may thread on and function ok but the main difference in them will be the rate of flow. If you have an RB26 you need to be very careful because oil starvation is your number 1 problem, make sure the filter you fit is up to the job of flowing enough oil.
Well ive just ordered myself an oem r32 gtr oil filter so hopefully that will do?!

You need to buy the coilpacks according to your ignition loom setup. An RB26DETT out of an R34 GTR will not have the external ignition amplifier, no matter if N1 or not. RB26DETT out of R32 GTR and R33 GTR will have it. So even if you´re running an RB26DETT out of R34 you need to check if you´re still running initial R32 GTR ignition loom. If so, you need to buy coilpacks to fit R32 GTR otherwise it won´t work.
I think im still running R32 loom as its got the external ignition amplifier and its been been screwed onto a spare hole on the cam covers as it looked like there wasnt a space for it.
Have been looking at the rsp coilpacks, just wasnt sure which model to order them for :dunce:

·
Registered
577 Posts
do not buy one from nissan,had 2 now from them where the rubber seals came off where there not fixed on the filter, alot of mess from oil spill and expensive buying more oil, i get mine from halfords now ,they dont list one for the r33 but do one for the r34 which fits

1 - 15 of 15 Posts