Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help?
booked in for some work but the guy has "advised" me to source my own parts..
am looking for an oil filter (is it 5/30 semi synthetic i need?)
HKS or similar down pipe with all gaskets and bolts etc.. been quoted some silly prices - everything from £136 to £245!!!
cat by pass with gaskets and bolts etc...
boost gauge with side mount pod
am currently running at 0.4-0.5 boost, want to turn it up to 10. take it that is ok?
what kind of horses should i get then, oh ye, got an HKS panel filter on way - £28.00 del. not bad i thought?

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Fully synth oil please !!!!!
Sumo or Abbey for down pipe. Abbey do the Trust for £120 ish + (well it was a year or so ago so may be a bit off there, in fact forget I mentioned a price dont want to do em a wrong un with my memory) also do the cat by pass pipe.
Oil filter from Blue print, See thread "Suprise"
How do you intend to turn up the boost then ?

Edit to right thread "Doh"

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
Bleed valve or boost controller is the only way of changing boost innit. (apart from the fact that some mods increase boost anyway i think). Maybe i'm just chatting rubbish again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers for that guys..
i`m not turning up the boost, but a local garage - doing it via the bleed valve i think. but i also have a mechanical (wheel type) boost controller that attaches to back of actuator and can be mounted in dash (was in ashtray in last car, he he - smokin`)
about 3 turns for 7psi, 5 for 10psi, 7 for 15psi. though blew engine up eventually by turning it up about 12 times, approx 24psi he he. too tempting for the skyline me thinks.
omly cost about £60.00 all in.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Be careful with the boost, rumour has it that the stock turbo can only cope with 0.9 bar (forget what that is in psi).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh... Now i remember, Rod Bell said the same thing. mmm.. 0.9 bar it is then.
err,,, does the stock dash r33 boost gauge measure in bar or psi then?
0.9 bar = 13psi according to my gauge.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think it measured in bar, but times ten, so it should as standard peak around 7 on it's dial, which is .7 bar.

Not sure how accurate it is though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wo.. cheers nitesky... weird that. in millimetres of mercury*?*!?
wots that all about. defo cant run higher than 0.9 then, even thinking a bit lower now. 0.7 should be ample considering i`m only running 4 - 5 at mo (according to gauge).. according to those fact pages standard set up 5 -6 psi under 4500rpm, upto max 7 psi over 4500rpm. mmm.. something tells me my gauge is not reading as it should.
max boost 9 -11 psi, that doesnt give a lot to play with does it?

·
Registered
469 Posts
You should be running around 4-5 up until second stage of boost kicks in at (I think) around 5,500 which should see you up to 7.

Maybe yer boost solenoid is playing up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts