Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i'm gonna make up an oil cooler kit and need to know the thread size for the oil filter on me r32 gtst, anyone wanna save me the hassle of taking my oil filter off to find out...:)

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Usually 3/4 BSP. Look on Takakaira site under Sard seem to recall thread sizes are given on there

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Find your local hydraulic hose supplier in the yellows and see them when you have your ideas and sizes. you will be pleasantly suprised at how reasonable it is to have a couple of good quality bespoke hyd hoses made that will take more pressure than any engine can chuck up em.
They even do PTFE lined with stainless over braid for a bit more dosh. I know these fings as I use em all the time for work (Yuk sorry to mention work).

Nick

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
gtst lad,

You interest me strangely. Make up an oil cooler kit? I fancy a go at a bit of that.

Go then, what's the plan?

AlexJ

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good thinking, i work with hydraulics at my place as well and we've got a ton of hydraulic pipes of various lenghts and sizes kicking about....never crossed my mind before..:)

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Tis so easy really boys, get an adaptor used for moving the oil filter and whack it on and use the kit with a couple of tee pieces and above mentioned hoses to a cooler that yer local hyd shop will source for you with no sweat, they will be able to supply all the fittings required if you slap the kit on the counter and say "Oi sort this with me mate"

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my plan is....to buy a moval oil cooler adapter, use some hydraulic pipes from work with the right adapters and a oil cooler from ebay or whereever i can find the cheapest but still best quality option...i'll let you know how it goes if you like.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coolers on a budget then..and to think a few weeks ago i was ready to fork out a fortune to my local tuner to supply and fit one...perhaps the blown turbos started paying for its self...

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
cooler located drivers side behind the bumper?

bish bosh all done, a peice of piss. When you gonna do it then?

PS I'm about to try the same sort of thing with a oil cooler for my auto box. I've already got some hose and jubilee clips and a cheap cooler matrix.

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guessed it, if it fits that is, got quite a big fmic so i've got to have a measure up tomorrow.

I'll start the sourcing tomorrow but it'll be a week or two before its all together as i'm upgrading my brakes and some other bits as well as hunting around for other bits and bobs.

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
:D never had a turbo motor before so I'm a bit a thicky on that sort of stuff.

Let us know how you get on:)

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
will do bud....one thing though, once you've driven a turbo theres no going back..you'll be addicted to it before you know it...:D :D

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
AlexJ, GTS R33 auto's have auto box oil coolers as standard so if you can look at one you may gain some inside info. I know I've got one ;)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Mate...

Try www.mocal.co.uk

Got ALL sort of hoses etc etc etc there. Its widget heaven. I got my exhaust thermal wrap there, and am seriously contemplating the DIY oil cooler too. Got a Trust Moval kit on already so its just a case of adapting to it.

Let me know how you get on!

E

·
0 Posts
Well aint that weird. I was looking at the oil cooler kits in the new Demon Tweeks catalogue while at work the other night. Used to have a cooler on my old Lancia & thought the Skyline would as well. Not sure if the RS has or not. Dont think so. Think i`ll let you guys play around for a while before i try it myself.
Hey Jock have you ever driven a Lancia Delta HF Turbo ie or Integrale. You`d love em mate. Dials & clocks everywhere:D Gutted when i sold mine:(

1 - 20 of 71 Posts