Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm loosing oil but it only happened when the turbo is working hard. just changed the turbo's, for new ones on a GTR. It was leaking from the return feed pipe first due to it was not fitted correctly.

I've now sorted that out but there is still a leak from somewhere but there is no oil on the engine so i'm guessing it is going out the exhaust, but i don't know why. There was a bit of oil in the pipes when i changed them but i had to take the front turbo off to secure the pipe and it now leaking. it was alright at first because i wasn't taking over 3000rpm until it is mapped. my foot was a bit heavy this morning and went to 5000rpm and now the oil has gone.

any idears

·
Registered
300 Posts
Have seen you working away under your bonnet for a few weeks mate, Did you do it yourself? I remember talking to you and Dave about it at the last meet we had, any difficulties?? Hope you get it sorted.:D

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
The oil has gone? All of it? Oh dear don't sound good, you haven't had much luch with that one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still trying to find where it is going. there is a bit down by the sum and gear box. may be left over from a previous leak. going to clean it off an find where it maybe coming from. maybe going out the turbo not sure yet thou.

was difficult at the time, but would be able to do another now fairly confidently. just having few problem now, needs a good mapping.

·
Registered
610 Posts
u could be losing oil from a worn oil seal on your turbo. check for white smoke. also, check the intake lines to see if the seal busted on the copressor side of the turbo

·
Registered
67 Posts
i would bet on oil pipe breather.do not why yet why the engine kicks oil out of,but will know soon.if someone knows please replay to this thread cos many owners have got this problem.

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
if the oil is going through the engine (thats rings/breather/turbo inlet side/valves) it will produce blue smoke from the exhaust

if you loose 1 litre in 50 miles you will have a LOT of smoke on boost if it is exiting via exhaust

if it going onto the floor then you should see a mega oil slick after parking

1 - 8 of 8 Posts