Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, ive been driving around and have noticed when ive parked up that there seems to be some oil on the road, its seems to be quite a thin substance and never more than a drop of it, i popped to a friends earlier and there ended up being quite a bit of oil on the floor and i could see it dripping, it looked like it was maybe coming from the gearbox area ?????

Any sugestions, i dont know sod all about my car or mechanics other than its been absolutley brilliant untill this was spotted

Many Thanks

James

·
bla
17,374 Posts
I have a slight leak from the gearbox too, I think.. Probably why it ends up crunchy from 1st to 2nd, but i never see any on the floor... Just a little on the casing... Ill get a pic up off where i think mine is coming from.....

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
everyones got that problem buddy its from that steering thingy just under the oil filter?

·
Registered
20 Posts
If it's got a redish colour to it, then it could be from your gearbox... Get a piece of paper and dip it into the oil, have a look at the colour. The redish gearbox oil/fluid will spread quicker and easier through the paper, if you compare it to standard engine oil.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Is gearbox oil red??? I think you may have that mixed up with the power steering fluid.....

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi there, thanks for all your replys, im going to take it to a friend who has done work on it before, il let u know my findings

james

1 - 9 of 9 Posts