Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my R34 GTT out today had a little race! Made a back fire in 1st to 2nd and noticed that I only read 3 on the oil pressure gauge and not 4 like she has always done. My question is does anyone run normally on 3 or should I be concerned??

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
The thumb rule on oil pressure is 10psi per 1000rpm.

At idle the normal pressure is 2bar ish, cruising upto 4000rpm about 4 bar and giving it death 5.5bar.

If your below this first give it an oil change if it gets no better then try another mechanical gauge on the car as the std one is very well know for giving bad unreliable readings.

·
BigBoy
215 Posts
did your oil change fix this problem ?? i got the same issue all of a sudden, now idling on 1.1 bar for oil pressure, am very concerned ! i got 10w50 Silko in there at the mo, was looking low, so i put 1ltr of Mobil 1 15w50 until an change is done for this weekend.... just hope an oil change will fix this issue ?
and, am i doing any damage driving around with the pressure going low ?

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
the guages are not consistent, mine would vary between 2 on tick over to 4, it changed quite often, if you do cane it regularly you will need to oil change it roughly every 3,000 miles,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts