Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
rwd 585bhp =fun
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to service car today and was wondering what is best oil
to put in the car is r33 rb25det is mobil 0/40 good or do i need better also can i get oil filter easy or are they going to say
"skyline ?no mate never heard of one":confused: :apoke:

E

·
0 Posts
0/40 is no good. It`ll piss out everywhere. Try & get hold of some 10/60 if you can.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
Mobil motorsport 15/50 or Castrol RS 10/60,filters are the same as many other nissan's like the almera available at halfords but the last time I bought a filter it was cheaper at Nissan.

E

·
0 Posts
Another Millers user then. I use that mate. Got it in engine & gearbox. Not many people do though i`ve noticed.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Where can you buy the Millers stuff from cos I can't find it. Next time I do an oil change on mine might use that instead of the Mobil one 15w50 that I am using at the moment @ £50 per 5 litres.

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
I get it from my local motor factors.
I've never seen it cheaper though, some of the performance parts sellers are selling it for £36, still not bad but p8sses me off how much profit some places make!!

Just try typing Millers cfs into google and see if anywhere local turns up.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Yeah cool thanks guys. I know what you mean about profit. I mean if Millers can be sold at about £26 for 5 litres then how come Mobil One 15W50 costs just over £50 for 5 litres and you have to buy a 4 litre bottle and a 1 litre bottle to make up the whole 5 litres the engine needs on the oil change?

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
50 notes where the hell are you buying the stuff from?

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Don't laugh
HALFORDS!

But it's the same price at all the local motor factors round here. about £10 a litre. And actually if you buy it per litre instead of buying the 4 litre bottle and one 1 litre bottle you pay over £10 a litre.

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
I'm not laughing as I also buy mine from Halfords in fact changed my oil last weekend 4 litres cost me 29.99 and there was me thinking that things were cheaper up north!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts