Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where i can buy from instead?
im after engine, gearbox and diff oil. tried pm'ing oilman bout a week ago but no response so will give someone else my trade. any1 recommend a seller as well as good quality oil for my r33 rb35det? 300-330bhp approx.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, will try on there. what grade do people use. isnt silkolene a good one?theres so many different ones though. what is the common one every1 uses? :cheers:

·
Registered
968 Posts
For the Diff, Silkolene BOA90ls or Silktran Syn 5 75W/90 Fully Synthetic Gear Oil but Guy advised the 1st if you have the A-LSD.

Engine, Silk pro S or R is fine or also Motul 300v which I use as they are both ester based which is really what you want. Up to you on the Visc but 15 50 is widely used and recommended but then so are many others

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its got an auto rear diff if that what you mean? sorry im clueless bout mechanical stuff. its a manual car thats been converted from an auto :S

·
Registered
968 Posts
It shouldnt matter if the diff is man or auto imo but as the BOA90 oil is recommended for various applications I would go for that one if it were me. Its also cheaper so thats a bonus and takes about 1.6 litres.

A lot of people recommend useing the Redline heavy shockproof in the gearbox especially If you have the legendary crunch on one or more of the synchros when changing gear at high revs/ speeds. Think the box takes about 4 litres on a GTR but not 100% for the GTST,,,, sure someone will be able to tell you the exact amount though

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this may be a dumb question but as it says on one of the fluid searches ive done it says i need 4.5L of oil for the engine. do i buy the 5L container or the 10?
will i need extra or is it really a case of drain the old, put the drain back on and refill?

·
Registered
968 Posts
5 litre should do you fine but its obviously cheaper to buy 10 and so on. A tip rom RK was to add an extra litre of oil once it is on the full mark as the RB engines can pick up air on spirited cornering.:cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts