Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,so my road car is a Skyline,but which model???
Heres what i know..
1994(m) import R33.type E-HR33.
model GGCAREFR33EDABHB--
Chassiss number starts HR33-014
engine RB20E,normally aspirated.No ABS,No HICAS,No LSD.
Front wing GT badges are blue/white.
So is it a GT or GTS,or what???

·
Administrator
4,233 Posts
Sounds very similar to Al&Claire's motor. I'm pretty sure they are referred to as a GTS with a 2litre straight 6. A turbo is known as a GTS-t among other things.

·
"A Skyline with 4 doors?"
380 Posts
Yeah, it's a GTS. I know they kind of took a step backwards with that exact model. For example, that engine in the R32 is the GTE and the GTS was when you got the Dual overhead cams (RB20DE)
It's also strange that they released the RB20E in the R33 model, then the next option up skipped to the RB25DE. It's one of the mysteries that Nissan pulled that no one can make any sense of.

·
Banned
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info,thought it was a bit of an odd one with RB20E engine.Has anyone else got Blue/White GT wing badges..not seen them anywhere else.?Next time I get asked "what is it?"..will say R33 GTS 2.0ltr NA.

I take it my other is an R33GTS.T type M,pre facelift?
1993(L),RB25DE,Active LSD,ABS,Hicas,etc...??

·
Banned
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers,nice to know what you are driving..!
Seems these blue badges belong on RB20 cars,then..
Anyone else got one of these/had one of these?Trying to work out how many are about.Also,did yours have 4 stud 115pcd hubs/200sx rear brakes??

·
Banned
5,275 Posts
Also,did yours have 4 stud 115pcd hubs/200sx rear brakes??
Yes mate mine did, I've got a full set of calipers and discs off a r32 gts type M(same as 300zx) that I was going to fit to mine when I had it but sold it before I got round to it, these are 4sale

Pete

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
R33 GTS

Hi all,
Just a quick line or two for the doubters...
I have an R33 GTS with the 6cyl 2.0L 12 valve motor in....
Firstly it looks the dogs!
Secondly with it's aftermarlet tail pipe (fitted when I got it), De-Cat and air box mod, it is a VERY pleasant car to drive, and for a normally aspirated 2.0L QUICK! quicker than my brothers FTO, ok it's not a Mivec FTO but I feel my Skylines doing well.
It has masses of torque at all RPM making for swift progress without effort.
It is very quiet inside, near silent, and cruising at a ton+ is relaxing.
According to my GPS unit (street pilot 3), has a top speed of 129mph!
I like it a lot!
Andy.
P.s. still going to fit Nitrous soon though.....:)

·
On The Far Side...
203 Posts
I also owned an R33 GTS (RB20E, 2 litre single cam) for a couple of years. Great motor, although somewhat underpowered at 130PS. Mine was stock as a rock though. Plenty of torque low down, but I still used to get wasted by most other cars on the road here. Still a damned good car though. :)

It had 4 stud calipers, no ABS or hicas, and mine also didn't have airbags. :(

·
Banned
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the responses,seems there are a few of these about and mine is pretty stock with 4 stud hubs,no airbags,blue badges,etc.
Looks the business,gunmetal mettalic.
Best thing is,what else could you get and use everyday with these looks,A1 condition+over 30mpg..all with change from 6K?
Now has Apexi induction,HKS de-cat+silent power stainless system,GTR rear wing...makes people look.Power still not too hot,but will push 125mph,better accel now it can breath.Skirts need fitting and painting,still need a splitter.Dont want to spend much more on it,defeats the object of a daily car...and my GTS.t needs work for summer season!Thanks all,again.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Rb20e

Hello, I have had my R33 RB20E for a few months now and to be honest I could not be happier with it, granted it is not a fast car, in relation to a R33 GTS-T/GTR, but as you, I use mine everyday and am loving every minute of it. I will be going to TOTB 3 at Elvington airfield in York this coming weekend, not racing but certainly going to give moral support to the skylines. So if anyone else is going, see you there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thats a nice looking Car you have there!
I am looking at a GTS-s at the moment if i can persuade the other half!

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
Yep, i'll be at TOTB this year (hope the weather's like last year - but not as hot).

There's been much debate in the past on the blue/red badge thing. I go along with red=turbo blue=NA. It was also suggested that it indicated which plant the car was made in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
And here comes another one.1993 2ltr GTS AUTOMATIC,normally aspirated, Blue and white badges, 4 Stud, rear wheel drive and 4 DOORS. I had it as a courtesy car while my Subaru Legacy GT-B was being sorted. (thats another story) I fell in love with it's looks and bought it and despite it's lack of power (compared to the Legacy) its general get up and go and delightfully smooth six cylinder engine, it's road holding even compared to the Legacy was good(it has a very nicely sorted chassis). In the end it meant that the Legacy had to go and I ended up with a Stagea( I needed space) That is also another story but has proved itself to be a very competent performer even on the track. I shall be at Goodwood on Wed 28th July if anyone is close enough and can get the time off to come along. There is a ride waiting.
The GTS has served its purpose and is now for sale if anyone is interest. Please feel free to make me an offer. I have attached some pictures in the hope it will help identify others out there.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Pictures

Sorry the pictures should be here but they won't upload.
I originally uploaded them in "Shopping car for the other half."

·
Mark_V
299 Posts
I too have and RB20E GTS facelift model blue white badges and its my day to day car. Best Mpg 37, had 138mph out of it, and will keep it as my daily runner untill the GTR is bought. Cannot fault the car, 200sx brakes cheap cambelt easy to change. Love it to bits. The blue badge thing is for all normally aspirated engines

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
speed

skylinemv, I am interested in your high top speed, how did you measure that?
If it is right, what have you done to it?
I have done a lot of work on my RB20E, Coby tube manifold (wrapped with 200 quids worth of thermal bandages), Hyper system, extra forced air into airbox, and N2O.
Without Nitrous stops at 129mph according to both sat-nav and spedo, which inicates 131mph, so close enough.
Best with nitrous so far 146mph, ran out of road, cluch giving up.
I will have the clutch sorted (I hope), with GTR flywheel etc. in a couple of weeks, (in the local machine shop) I will let you know, as I can run bigger jets yet on N2O.
Or I'll blow it! That will give me an excuse to fit a V8!
Andy.
There also seems to be a bit of snobbery about these RB20E engined cars, I feel I get treated as though I am a bad smell sometimes on this board, we will see once the clutch is done, I think a few people will be SHOCKED at it's performance..........

·
Registered
868 Posts
andy42uk, As I am a relatively new member to the forum, I have yet (and hopefully wont) experience any sort of snobbery, but that said I kinda know what you mean, a good friend of mine really took the pi55 out of me when I bought the RB20E, and still does, but now I just tell him to get bent, as I love my car just as much as I like any Skyline. I am however curious as to what exhaust you have on yours, as I am yet to 'do' the zorst. At the moment I have the pretty much standard 2 pipe version.

Cheers

Andy Kain :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts