Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was messing around under the dashboard and found in the righthand side just up from the pedals (behind the fuse box) a litle black box called an "MK 100 Audio Visual Timer".

Power button, secs button and mins button with a little LED time readout.

WTF is this and WTF does it do?

Is it a gadget can I use it?

Puzzled of Bracknell.

:confused:

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do I use one of them then?

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
Well if it is one, you set it to allow the engine to run on after you turn the ignition off for a set time to help the turbot cool down and get its oil feed settled

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured that much but it doesn't seem to be working. I can power it on and set a time, but when I turn the ignition off, it powers off too.

Guess its not working then.

:(

J.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Doesn't sound like a turbot timer, else why does it say audio visual timer on it.

My guess is that it's some kind of box to keep the ICE running for some time after turning off the ignition, though can't think why you'd want to do that.

Than again maybe it's one of those that someone has bodged to act like a turbot timer.

I reckon your best chance of sussing it is to see exactly what it's wired to.

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK after having a good look on the net, I'm pretty sure it's a turbo timer by a japanese company called autolook. However I can't find any info on the bloody thing anywhere, and I'm not very good with car electrics.

Anyone fancy trying to get it going for me?

:D

J.

·
Registered
66 Posts
J.

Might be talking out of my $rse but have you made sure your handbrake is on when you turn off the ignition. If the handbrake is not engaged it will not work. On mine, if during the countdown I release the handbrake, the engine will cut imediately.

Regards
Vincenzo

·
Hello, little lady!
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes handbrake is on.

:D

J.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts