Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
problem with car covers are they are custom fit and with so many front and rear spoilers the covers would not fit
Nah mate, they will fit as long as you don´t go for some totally universal thing that is way too small.

I have a cover for mine too that is not Skyline specific and it fits very well! Bought it here in Germany from a Company that does car covers. Mine is 100% cotton, so air can go through and moisture doesn´t stay under the cover letting the lovely friend rust have a party there with the car. Also just told them the size of my car and that it has a rear spoiler and the cover fitted perfectly. :)

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
As I have graphics and also a higher spoiler I cant use a car cover.
Why can´t you use a car cover Lisa?

As long as you go for a full cotton one it won´t do anything to your decals/graphics! Obviously the full cotton one is no help if you leave your car outside. But if you have it in a garage, it´s the best you can go for.

If you wanna leave it outside, then go for a cover that is cotton inside and some plastic stuff outside for rain protection.

Also the higher spoiler shouldn´t be too much of a problem as long as you go for a big enough cover.

:)

·
5,050 Posts
Why can´t you use a car cover Lisa?

As long as you go for a full cotton one it won´t do anything to your decals/graphics! Obviously the full cotton one is no help if you leave your car outside. But if you have it in a garage, it´s the best you can go for.

If you wanna leave it outside, then go for a cover that is cotton inside and some plastic stuff outside for rain protection.

Also the higher spoiler shouldn´t be too much of a problem as long as you go for a big enough cover.

:)
I have a cover from covercraft lovely bit of kit had it 3 years but because of my spoiler thing it does not fit tight underneath the car so sometimes it blows off

as luck has it its lockable underneath otherwise it would be in Kent by now

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
the cover I had in the wind caught the edge of the graphics and started to peel them off after time, that and the fact that the spoiler tips rubbed into the cover and started to rip it.

as its left outside it will have to be a cover that doestn actually touch the car. also, no condensation issues as well hopefully... :)

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
I will post a pic of mine when it goes to sleep again. End of october this will be...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts