Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, after coming within a finger nail of owning a gtr from a member off here, my search continues. Ive seen 2 and was wondering what your opinions are.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/957377.htm

This one needs the front splitter tidying up an carpets missing in the boot. Not overly keen on the interior though.

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/NISSAN+SKYLINE/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294966559-4294966789/advert.action?R=200912330884250&distance=74&postcode=hx13xt&channel=CARS&make=NISSAN&model=SKYLINE&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=1996&vehicleRegLetter=N

Again front splitter missing and car is on hpi. The guy reckons the turbos are rebuilt with steel internals.
Am i asking for trouble looking for a cheap GTR? Any advice much apperciated.

·
Shake and Bake !!
491 Posts
Jesus Christ ! Note to self....buy a GTR !
7k !!! When I was looking they were 15k ! I bought my GTS for 5k FFS ! Admittedly its been 99% ok for the two years I've owned it, so not all bad.

·
Shake and Bake !!
491 Posts
Forgot to give my advice I was so shocked ! I would probably buy one off someone on here or GTROC, since they will likely have been someone's pride and joy. If someone bought my GTS, its sooooo much more than it was when I bought it, but you'd probably get it for as much if not less than I paid for it without any mods ! Bear in mind, if you buy a dog, you will pay for it 10 times over ! RB26DETT's are not cheap if they go bang !

T

·
0 Posts
Fookin hell.......Two amazing GT-R's for peanuts. Just shocking. :eek:

The second one's missing the 400R lip. :confused:

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
To be fair either are going to be pot luck, you could end up buying one and it's a complete nightmare or it could be the buy of the century.

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
the auto trader one looks good for the mileage and i know of someone selling a carbon fibre 400r front splitter :)

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
the again the piston head one looks very very good too and has some nice bits on it.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I would probably buy one off someone on here or GTROC, since they will likely have been someone's pride and joy. If someone bought my GTS, its sooooo much more than it was when I bought it, but you'd probably get it for as much if not less than I paid for it without any mods ! Bear in mind, if you buy a dog, you will pay for it 10 times over ! RB26DETT's are not cheap if they go bang !
have you considered a big power GTSt that doesnt need any work doing?
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108500
just a thought.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the replies. Ive decided agaist the silver one off the autotrader, the guy could not get his story stright. In the same conversation he spent 8k on the car then 5k then 4k.
Just got back from seeing the black one off pistonheads, the bodywork is a bit shabby, Oil pressure looked good.
The car was hutning while ideling and the owner told me that its always the case with the Power FC???
It also sounded a bit tappety while ideling, is that normal??
The steering vibrates a fair bit when braking, i assume its just disks an pads??

·
Registered
4,921 Posts

·
5,050 Posts
Thanks for all the replies. Ive decided agaist the silver one off the autotrader, the guy could not get his story stright. In the same conversation he spent 8k on the car then 5k then 4k.
Just got back from seeing the black one off pistonheads, the bodywork is a bit shabby, Oil pressure looked good.
The car was hutning while ideling and the owner told me that its always the case with the Power FC???
It also sounded a bit tappety while ideling, is that normal??
The steering vibrates a fair bit when braking, i assume its just disks an pads??
walk away from both of them bud

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The tapping might just be me being over cautious. The car is mapped and looked after by a guy called Rod from RB Motorsports. Do you think it would be cheeky asking him if he remebers the car and knows of any faults?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts