Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've used ebc turbo discs on both my s2000's and they worked great but both slowly developed a judder (warped feel) now I put this down to being just unlucky but my friend (running a 200sx s14a with a r33 gtst brake upgrade) bought some of the same discs for his car, 3-400 miles later and they feel warped.

I'm happy with the price etc and would be happy to be recommended something else??

Just putting it out there to see what others think?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Google "Disc thickness variation (DTV)" and read it.

You`ll find the discs are not warped, they just havent been fitted correctly causing the disc to wear unevenly causing the judder or vibration.

I use EBC discs as do a lot of customers, all with no problems.

In the time i`ve been supplying EBC I have had two customers come back to me about "warped discs" Both times due to incorrect fitting and uneven wear on the disc.

·
Glasgow GTST
366 Posts
I have the grooved ones with red stuff. Once warmed up they have a great stopping distance. Get a wee squeak now and again but well worth the money.

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
Ah okay, advice taken, how where they fitted wrong if you don't mind me asking?
Even the tiniest spot of corrosion or dirt on the mating face of the hub can cause the outside edge of the disc to be 'lifted' by enough to make it kiss the pads fractionally each rotation, the disc ends up being thinner at that one spot and gives vibration during braking that's mistaken for 'warped discs'.

Brake discs should really be checked for runout with a dial gauge after fitting...

·
Registered
646 Posts
I've had EBC slotted and drilled disks for about 4 years. They're fantastic IMO. I've got them paired up with a pair of Project MU HC+ pads, which are extremely aggressive. On pads that aggressive, I would've expected the disks to last only a couple years, but they're still going strong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts