Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right i've been looking at changing the front seats as the RECAROS that came in mine are looking a little dull in my eyes now. I wouldn't mind freshening up the interior seen as i've just put new leather surrounds and a stereo in it and there making everything else look poo..........

I'm looking at the COBRA monaco S fixed back, this would mean sliding the seat forward to get access to the back. Which i need sometimes......as it's the fastest taxi in town if my mates need a lift:D, and they love the sound of the car........

Other than that seat there's a budget recliner out from OMP which i could probibly stretch too. Got to allow for new subframes in case there needed!

Also the comfort thing for long journeys. Do any of you use fixed back seats and get along with them ok on long journeys??

*A re-foam of the seats and re-trim in leather is out of the question. For the price of that i would rather put it under the bonnet:drivin:
:cheers: Les

·
.......P33 TEX.........
2,230 Posts
I like your thinking of the bucket seats i want to get some red Corbeau ones for my Skyline, i had a set of blue fixed back seats in my last car (2 cars ago!punto turbo) and they were wicked! even without the harnesses they really held you in, this is bearing in mind i am quite a skinny bloke, bout 5,10. guess this makes a difference!
I drove the car all the way to Leeds and it didnt really give me any problems on my back, none other than u would get with some standard seats after a 5 hour drive! so, no pain.

In regards to passengers getting in and out, its them that have to do the work not you, which is a bonus. But the down side is, when u have to move the seat forward to let them in/out u lose the seat position, although this does sound annoying having to readjust every time, you sort of get used to where the seat normally rests. I guess it depends how sort of petty you are, things like that annoy me!

My advice would be deffo look into the tilt ones so you havent got to move the seat, unless you can put up with moving the seat all the time. Personal choice i reckon. Sorry for the long reply!

:drivin:

·
Registered
390 Posts
I have Sparco Pro2000's in mine and I've had no bother from them at all, been on 3 hours+ journeys all over the country to shows without so much as a twinge. They're so snug.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I have Sparco Pro2000's in mine and I've had no bother from them at all, been on 3 hours+ journeys all over the country to shows without so much as a twinge. They're so snug.

Have to agree these are great seats, superb for road and track.

·
Alloy Junkie
2,499 Posts
Edenz Seats,

Very nice they are too, JDM styley and commfy to boot.

Ok sure there bride rip offs, but they are affordable, bolt straight on and are based in the UK ;)

Good value for money until I fork out for Brides :p

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys- still flicking through the demon tweeks book to see whats out this yr. I'll have a look at those Edenz seats, not really botherd with the name sake of em. It's just a freshen up/ practical thing.:D

Bonus with the COBRA one's is they do a subframe for the R33 and R32 R34 brigade. Helps alot when putting them in. Also if you can't do it' they'll fit them for free at the factory or something? All i know is free fitting if you can't!!

The OMPs seem to be leading at the min, depending on subframes. I don't want a seat with loads of padding behind the knee/thigh as i've got plenty of my own (5 10", 12st- blame all the biking i do) Even now my legs are just under/ to the side of the steering wheel......at it's highest point. Think the recaro's have this padding on em.

Reckon i could live with fixed back seats, i'll have to try em out at halfords before i buy somewhere else! It's mostly the passenger seat that moves when loading the back up. Unless i'm already out of the car...

Thanks again for replies & ideas i'll see what happens, got plans for the engine at the top of my list at the min........and insurance is due again:whip:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts