Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a mate at work today said to me that i should get my wheels painted gold not silver (he used to have an Impreza so is a fan of gold wheels) because gold will look good against the red/

Im not too sure myself but its got me thinking.

If there are any whizz kids on here who could photoshop my wheels to gold on the pic below & post it back up or e mail it to me so i can see id be well gratefull.

Gold or silver??

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wont let me cos ive put it up before somewhere else. Ive just had to delete it from there to put up here.

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Alot depends on the style as to whether or not they will suit the colour... Gold with deep Silver rims maybe

·
Registered
110 Posts
Stick to silver - I think the gold would look OTT on red.

Just finish off with a set of clear repeaters for a more consistent colour scheme around the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Repaint them in Silver... Red would look to much 1980's like.

Did you ever see the high impact Silver on the newer BMW M5 and M3 wheels?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh i think silver too.
Ive asked me mate to to them a real bright silver. The nearest he can get to an actual chrome/stainless steel colour as he can.

Ps Where you get red from lol?

Got any pics of the BMW stuff?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ahhrghh... sorry, i mean GOLDen wheels on a RED Car would look strange...

Here is a Pic... but the Color looks better than in a Picture. Go and check it in a Dealership next to you.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at that thats exactly what i want. Hope they look as shiny in the flesh.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, they look very nice...

But you have 5-Spoke Wheels... why do'nt polish them? :D

It is not so much Work in your case...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thought about it. Im in the fabrication trade & could do them myself. We`ve got the gear at work but i know its hard work & i cant be arsed & I just dont want to pay someone loads of money to do something i can do myself. I could paint em myself but a mates doing em for 50 beer tokens. That`ll do me.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also there is a bit of kerb damage on 1 of them so they`d never look top banana.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeh i know. They were polished weren`t they? I want me car back on the road though. It`ll take ages to polish em up & ive got a new exhaust to try out. Im too impatient.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Eddie...

Get em polished mate... I have a set of GTS 16" rims and tyres (off an R32) you can borrow if you like......

Strip em to bare metal and get em done, should only take a week or so... Mine took ages cos the guy that did them (the polishing) is a dithering f***wit (although very good).

Otherwise, Silver is the way to go. Gold will look well dodgy (although very pimp stylee!).

You could get em chromed up if you have access to electrolyte kit.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Jock Alert said:

Otherwise, Silver is the way to go. Gold will look well dodgy (although very pimp stylee!).
Pimp or Lowrider Style... worse anyway. lol

;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think gold looks good with met red. Rons old R33 was like that and I reckon it suits it, so there you go... its on www.skylinegts.co.uk under owners cars.

Polished wheels can be a bloody nightmare, need a lot of looking after which is fine if you can be arsed.

Alternatively, have you thought about painting/coating them in dark gunmetal?

Cheers,
Pad

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That settled it. Silver it is. I didn`t like that at all.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts