Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mate has suggested that I fit one of these, as he's fitted one with outstanding results.

I'm no hurry to follow his advise as he's a Mondeo driver, but I'm interested in the opinion of professionals.

It's the CB-26P toward the bottom of this link.

Am I Tat?

Answers on a postcard

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Dont be a penis

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
Your talking about a bleed device ?

1) Do you have an accurate boost gauge.
2) Can you resist the temptation to continuously increase your boost at will.
3) Increased boost without proper fuelling will cause problems in the mappaing and potentially or eventually will blow your engine.

Mechanical boost controller versus Electronic is going to the be next question I can see it coming.

Basically to make your car faster its not all about how much more boost you have to run.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mmm I feeling negative vibes on that one...

What about go faster stripes, do they work?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
I have a serious question, your mate has fitted one, on what car ???? Mondeo ?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
So it was a Diesel Turbo then ?

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
yep seen these before, they go into a vacum pipe between i think the master cylinder and the plenum and cause a swirl in the plenum thats suppose to give better distribution of the air and fuel when it enters the cylinder...don't laught but i used one of these before and it did work but when i was having the car mapped the first time round they couldn't get a good setup with it fitted so it was binned....i suppose they're ok for a n/a car but not much use on a tuned turbo

·
Devils disciple
860 Posts
there different animals though - the skyline in any of it's forms is more technically advanced than the the mondeo engine and so careful consideration is needed on what to fit on a skyline but the mondeo is a rougher engine that is more forgiving in it's setup so fitting the ecotec is not a problem but then it's never mean't to be a sports car is it? and i've yet to see a mondeo out do a skyline.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
What I am having a problem with here is a NON turbo car ????

Your saying he is getting a big increase in power on a non turbo car.

One Word................... LEAN

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
which way Mark?? :D:D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aha I see the confusion, his outstanding result was with fuel economy and (so he state) more torque. Quite how he gauged that I don't know, I would ask but he's too busy laughing at me for asking his dumb questions.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
hey makes for a busy thread, bring on the numpty questions i say.

Bring out yer dead.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well plenty more of them to come, that is until I master the art of obtaining knowledge with out asking questions

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
At least you can spell knowledge and write in sentances, so you are way ahead of the field so far Lanky.

Whats a penis ?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
hehehe :)

Suppose they are aimed at those who want to increase the power on some gutless n/a eurobox... :rolleyes:

we have turbod jap nutter machines, there are loads better ways to do it! :D:D:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts