Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys Ive got a leaky rear subframe bush and was wondering if you guys have any input to what is available eg uprated Nismo bushes ? any idea of cost and supplier would be good.
Also on a scale of 1(easy) to 10 (hard) how would you rate the dificulty for a home mechanic to swap out.
TIA Kevin

·
Registered
103 Posts
Easy enough. Heat up the old one a little and push it out when rubber is warm. Slides out quite easily. Clean out the old rubber, Greese up the hole and bush and squeeze back in.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easy enough. Heat up the old one a little and push it out when rubber is warm. Slides out quite easily. Clean out the old rubber, Greese up the hole and bush and squeeze back in.
Do you have to drop the subframe to do this or can it be done insitu, cheers Kevin

·
Bad Ass Mo Fo!
1,892 Posts
good question, i need to konw also...

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Subscribing to this as I really need to know if you have to drop the subframe. Is there any one who has done this that can give some kind of step by step please?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Would you be referring to the subframe bushings? Sorry sometimes I am not up to date, you fellas acrossed the pond say things a little differently. :dunno: I am catching on though. By the way... your avatar is awesome.:ylsuper:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would you be referring to the subframe bushings?
Thats correct , have you swapped these out before ?

Sorry sometimes I am not up to date, you fellas acrossed the pond say things a little differently. :dunno:
No we say it properly , you say it differently :grinno: LOL
By the way... your avatar is awesome.:ylsuper:
Thank you , Reon is one very sexy lady :ylsuper:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Thats correct , have you swapped these out before ?

No we say it properly , you say it differently :grinno: LOL

Thank you , Reon is one very sexy lady :ylsuper:
Yes I put alluminum bushing in mine, I did not drop the subframe completely, I changed them out one at a time. I had to loosen the 4 nuts that hold it up quite a bit. The pry down on the mounting point you are installing the bushing on. The alluminum bushing on the upper side of the mount have a slot so that you do not have to remove the subframe completely. The lower bushings can be installed by removing one nut at a time, they sit into the from like a cup. I know that my instruction are not great, as I say things differently.:bigthumb:

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa17/broph99/DSC02033.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts