Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys i phoned tdi north loads of times to try nd book a dyno nd tune but no call back they must be super busy can any tuner place do our cars do they just need to buy the software or something horsham wud be my second choice but just toooo far away any info guys

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
I would pick somewhere that is used to tuning the DE motor, and Horsham and Abbey would be my first choices, regardless of distance.

Reactions: SlickRick

·
Registered
134 Posts
I've been to both Horsham and Abbey. I've had Abbey map my motor on 3 occasions due to various things I have done with my vehicle and engine rebuild. Later, I went to Horsham and felt like the map was better in my opinion. I heard Horsham was good, but what pushed me to go to Horsham was Abbey not replying back to my calls or just not seeming bothered to help out when I needed it. I could be mistaken, but TDi has some type of connection with Abbey. Maybe they are just extremely busy, not really sure. Moreover, since going to Horsham, I prefer going to them now. It's a 3-hour drive for me, but something like an engine remap needs to be done correctly. I know in the US, people will drive across the country for known and recommended tuners.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tune characteristics

Hi guys so my tune is comn up just want to ask what changes should i expect from it its n/a build but done fare few things to it any advice yous can give me on what i should ask for increase idle higher red line speed limiter etc etc

·
Super Moderator
8,969 Posts
Remove the speed limiter, not sure increasing rpm limit would benefit unless you have fitted uprated cams? aside from that i would presume you have the usual plenum spacer, exhaust, decat etc, you can expect anything from 10 to 25bhp depending, they will also normal remove the throttle limits in the first three gears, and that alone you will probably notice, other than that it should if done properly make the driveabuility better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts