Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
as above if someone wants it they will take it mate.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Garage, Camera setup...

otherwise.. Cat 1 alarm...

Take wheels off? Lol

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If they want it bad enough they will take it mate :mad:
i see what your saying but when my cars sat there with an alarm, some sort of steering lock, a manual HIDDEN fuel cut off switch... theyre going to find it harder than just with a cat1 alarm... which in turn might make them think twice about it and not bother... thats my theory anyway... im getting paranoid more and more each day someones going to take it especially now when im so close to making it perfect! :(

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
i see what your saying but when my cars sat there with an alarm, some sort of steering lock, a manual HIDDEN fuel cut off switch... theyre going to find it harder than just with a cat1 alarm... which in turn might make them think twice about it and not bother... thats my theory anyway :(
sometimes the harder the car to take the more appealing mate :(

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
hmmm, risks of owning a skyline i guess. i just couldnt imagine wanting my car back if the police found it after some scruffy smackrat has been inside it lol
that it is mate but seriously make it as hard as hell for them :)

·
Administrator
25,973 Posts
I have my rust bucket parked in the street with the keys in the ignition and a neon sign above saying 'please steal me' still haven't had any takers :dunno:
too easy mate as the neon sign confuses them and they start raving :funny:
take off the sign put the keys on the roof and they will still smash the window first :) before taking it....

whats your address again????:D

·
is now very happy with 400+ BHP
2,903 Posts
I have a cat 1 alarm and a full steering wheel lock fitted.
I also have a thick 4 feet tall security post locked behind it.
You know the type that is deeply sunken into your driveway aswel.

I also never sleep and sit at the window with my sawn off pointed at the car!!!:uzi:

·
NBOOST
3,309 Posts
If they want it they'll take it. If it's impossible for them to get running and still want it they'll just come into the house for the keys. It's getting harder for them to steal cars without keys these days so they seam to be opting for this option, from some of the horror storys I've read, some thieves aren't bothered about using violence either.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Hi,said before that a removable steering wheel is a great detterant,which stops the drive away.I also have monitered tracker which works.My car was at the tuners I use and they jacked it up and I had a phone to say was my car ok.I really enjoyed phoning the tuners and said so you have finaly started work on my car.Cheers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
trackers aren't worth a penny the one time you need to use it, one of these will be plugged into your cigarette lighter
Hidden switch to the cig lighter power ;)

Good old fashioned immobilisers FTW:

Remove fuel pump fuse,
Unclip coilpack harness,
Unclip injectors....

Of course, quite time consuming, but worth the peace of mind if your car isn't going to be moving for a while.

Or if you have access to the ecu code, set the rev limiter to 250 so once it fires, it dies straight away :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hidden switch to the cig lighter power ;)

Good old fashioned immobilisers FTW:

Remove fuel pump fuse,
Unclip coilpack harness,
Unclip injectors....

Of course, quite time consuming, but worth the peace of mind if your car isn't going to be moving for a while.

Or if you have access to the ecu code, set the rev limiter to 250 so once it fires, it dies straight away :)
haha ya if you have a power FC you can set the rev limit low and unplug the hand commander. Not sure how low you can set it tho. Even then they wont get very far very fast haha.

OR

you can install and exhaust with no resonators/silencers. That way if they turn your car on it will wake up the whole neighborhood. What better security then a whole street of angry people!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
If they want it bad enough they will take it mate :mad:
:iagree:

i see what your saying but when my cars sat there with an alarm, some sort of steering lock, a manual HIDDEN fuel cut off switch... theyre going to find it harder than just with a cat1 alarm... which in turn might make them think twice about it and not bother... thats my theory anyway... im getting paranoid more and more each day someones going to take it especially now when im so close to making it perfect! :(
Not even "with an alarm, some sort of steering lock, a manual HIDDEN fuel cut off switch..." would stop someone who wanted it bad enough. I've got a break down recover truck with a flat bed on the back and a winch, only as someone else said would a decent steel post prevent me from winching a car away. As for gps, dunno if its true about putting a car in a steel container but there would be nothing stopping someone putting a steel container on the back and winching the car into that... so where abouts is the car left overnight? :naughty:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts