Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
went for a ride to my girlfriends mum and dads house lastnight and on the way home look what happened, i was about to pull out the enterance to a public carpark to turn to the right, looked to my right then looked to my left to see two headlights coming towards my passenger door then heard a massive bang felt my car shake then saw tailights in my rear view mirror travelling away at speed, the driver had cut the corner onto the carpark instead of coming round the front of my car and down the drivers side they cut in on my passenger side but obviously not sharp enough and caught my rear quarter, then to top it off they did not stop so i banged it in reverse, swung it round and took chase, not with alot of fuel i was hoping they would realise they would not get away and stop, luckily after about a mile over round abouts and narrow street roads i managed to overtake it on a flyover a dual carriage way, blocked it off to find it was a young girl, obviously i went mad but controlled myself and asked what she was playing at where she replied here mate was having an asthma attack but what a load of rubbish that was so out cam the mobile and i rung the police, they turned up pretty sharpish for a change and sorted it out but i was not a very happy chap! rung my insurance first thing thismorning who have listed me some authorised repair companys, just got to decide where to take it now.

·
Censored
7,453 Posts
probably not the best question to be asking on a forum. Insurance companies do read forums, and i specifically remmeber one guy whos rx7 went up in flames only to find the insurers had been reading forums and noted how he had taken it to santa pod etc.

Be careful :)

p.s. that dent looks as though it would mostly push out...?

·
bla
17,374 Posts
mines exactly the same as that, maybe pushed in abit more and i got quoted £100 to fix it...

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
for a new rear quarter your looking at at least 1k from middlehurst

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
Use the compressed air/hairdryer method on it. Then worry about the paint after that.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Now I wish I had kown that a while ago LOL

Also glad you managed to catch up with the culprit fella

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Honestly you wont need a new rear quarter, that wont need pin and pulling jush pushed out from the inside..

£100 for this, bear in mind im having over £3k of work being done... :D

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Ive had 3 none fault claims and each one has increased my premium by 2%.

I never thought that it would because it was a "none fault" claim but my insurance company told me that it would!

I know its not much but its still fooookin poo seen as its sumbody elses fault!

Good luck with it though Jamie.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Ive had 3 none fault claims and each one has increased my premium by 2%.
Christ, let me know who you're insured with and i'll avoid them like the plague!

How can they penalise you for something that wasn't your fault and was paid for by someone else?

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
Christ, let me know who you're insured with and i'll avoid them like the plague!

How can they penalise you for something that wasn't your fault and was paid for by someone else?
EXACTLY!!!

I was insured with CIS (first claim) Adrian Flux (second claim) And Churchill (third claim) And i one of my Ex girlfriends worked for Norwich Union and they also do the same thing with non fault claims, and she said that nobody realises the increase because its only 2%! :Uzi: :cya:

·
Registered
640 Posts
EXACTLY!!!

I was insured with CIS (first claim) Adrian Flux (second claim) And Churchill (third claim) And i one of my Ex girlfriends worked for Norwich Union and they also do the same thing with non fault claims, and she said that nobody realises the increase because its only 2%! :Uzi: :cya:

That's disgraceful. I see what you mean though, who's gonna check why they've had a 2% incease? I suppose insurance premiums vary by more than that each year anyway.

Just another reason to lie to the [email protected] anyway.

Have you tried A-plan? They just can't seem to be beaten. My last quote was 498 quid for a 530bhp R33GTR.

·
violence IS the answer!
1,371 Posts
That's disgraceful. I see what you mean though, who's gonna check why they've had a 2% incease? I suppose insurance premiums vary by more than that each year anyway.

Just another reason to lie to the [email protected] anyway.

Have you tried A-plan? They just can't seem to be beaten. My last quote was 498 quid for a 530bhp R33GTR.
Yeah thats who im insured wit now!

A-plan beat everybody else who i phoned!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts